Second Stage Processing - Spouse Visa.

Guest Deano87

Guest Deano87

Hi all!

wow i wish i had stumbled across this site when i was lodging my spouse visa two years ago! ;)

I have a issue that i hope somebody can help me with:

I've recently received a letter from DIAC regarding the second stage processing of my spouse visa (Sub-Class 801/814)

it goes on to say that i need to provide additional information that my relationship is still genuine etc.

im fine with all that, the only issue i have is with the police check, it isnt all that clear if its a mandatory requirement or not, i completed an overseas police check and an Australian one when i first applied for the visa. so will i have to to lodge another police check for Australia or will the first one be ok?

Any help is much appreciated.

Think it depends on whether you have been out of the country during the provisional stage, but can't remember 100% - just ring them up and ask.

I did mine a year or so ago - lots more paperwork but nothing too hard. Feels good when it's all done though!