House sold today

Guest taunton

Guest taunton

Our house sale went through today, and we are now at my mum's for week before we leave the UK next Wednesday. It is very cosy all of us crammed in with mountains of cases....but the kids are having fun.

It was an emotional weekend saying see ya to family, I refuse to say goodbye as will be seeing them all again next year when we back on holiday...forgotten how hard it is.

It is my last shift at work tomorrow, so will crack open the wine when I get in...

All is going to plan at the moment, just hope that the ash cloud hurries up and moves on so that we can leave malaysia on the 2nd July and land in Adelaide on the 3rd..

Just a quick update from this end of the world...

Off to bed now ready for another frantic day of sorting, packing and re-packing, weighing of cases.

Cheers Wend

Our house sale went through today, and we are now at my mum's for week before we leave the UK next Wednesday. It is very cosy all of us crammed in with mountains of cases....but the kids are having fun.

It was an emotional weekend saying see ya to family, I refuse to say goodbye as will be seeing them all again next year when we back on holiday...forgotten how hard it is.

It is my last shift at work tomorrow, so will crack open the wine when I get in...

All is going to plan at the moment, just hope that the ash cloud hurries up and moves on so that we can leave malaysia on the 2nd July and land in Adelaide on the 3rd..

Just a quick update from this end of the world...

Off to bed now ready for another frantic day of sorting, packing and re-packing, weighing of cases.

Cheers Wend

Congratulations. Hope the ash cloud clear soon .... you lucky people.

The person due for a second viewing ton our house this morning didn't turn up or even bother to let us know she had found somewhere else!:arghh:

Guest hoops677

Congratulations Wend, Mike and kids, so jealous but hope to be over with you very soon. Hope that your last shift was ok. Was fantastic to meet you and to be able to pick your brains.

Thank you enjoy the rest of your time in the UK and have a safe journey "back home" !!

Will be in touch before you go

Jo xxx

Guest taunton

Hi Lisa

Our house sold in 4 days, put on market on the Monday, couple of stupid offers then accepted sensible offer on the Friday....very lucky..

Hi Jo

I promise I will call this weekend, just got to sort the cases out the next 2 days then we should have clear weekend.....looking forward to hearing all your latest news, the way you are going you will all be in Adelaide before our furniture....take care and will speak over the next couple of days...

Just had my last ever shift at work and it was bloody busy, could not believe it...never mind can look back now with smiles to think I never have to work another shift again, so I raise a glass of lovely rose wine...cheers :)

Guest Mainds Family

Huge Congratulations Guys !!! Very excited for you !!!!

Hope the ash cloud clears and pretty soon you will be on your way to start your new life down under.

Wishing you every happiness x

Guest Kat+Rocco

Huge congratulations!! So happy for you can't wait until we are at that stage....had our house on the market 2 months now had really positive viewing yesterday so fingers crossed we'll be following you soon!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
All the best with your move. How long did it take to sell the house? We've just put ours up now, hoping it sells asap as visa grant any day now!

Lisa ;o)

Accepted an offer this morning so just under 6 weeks from the day we agreed particulars with agent. Dropped the price twice in that time as a similar house was on for the same amount further down our road with the same agent (they sold 2 weeks ago after 3 months+) We actually got £20,000 more so are very lucky.

Shame the exchange rate is plumetting again who knows what it will be like when we exchange contract and book flights.