Certifying documents for Australia???

Guest HelenB

Guest HelenB

Hi I have to certify a load of copied documents and certificates for the Australian Medical Council!!

Their list of suitable contenders seemed to be mainly compose of the Australian Consulate. can't see that happening!!!!!

Anyone use UK solicitors??? does any one know if the AMC accept this! I have about 16 documents to be signed.... no doubt it will cost a lot!! any advice will be appreciated.

thanks

Helen

IELTS Academic booked for the 9th of July - fingers crossed :)

Hi Helen,

my OH Julia is in the process of registering with AHPRA. She sent them an email to ask if it was ok to use a solicitor to to certify documents, they replied and said yes. After getting this done they then contacted her, and contradicted themselves, to say they should have been certified by a Notary Public ! So we are having to send things again, all adding to the time it is taking and needless to say, the cost !

Ian

Guest HelenB
Hi Helen,

my OH Julia is in the process of registering with AHPRA. She sent them an email to ask if it was ok to use a solicitor to to certify documents, they replied and said yes. After getting this done they then contacted her, and contradicted themselves, to say they should have been certified by a Notary Public ! So we are having to send things again, all adding to the time it is taking and needless to say, the cost !

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for the info. Who is qualified to be a Notary Public in the Uk?

Helen

Guest HelenB
Hi Helen,

We just did a search on Yell.com for Notary Public in North Yorks. and found one in Harrogate, about 10 miles from us.

Ian

Hi

Completely forgot about yellow pages- great will do that! Should be some floating around Dorset

Helen

Guest vicky_1970

I used a solicitor - she only charged £10 for about 30 docs. Have a ring around some solicitors - all they do is stamp the docs and sign them

Good luck

Vicky

Guest HelenB
I used a solicitor - she only charged £10 for about 30 docs. Have a ring around some solicitors - all they do is stamp the docs and sign them

Good luck

Vicky

Thanks Vicky

I am going to mooch around for the best price!

Helen

• 2 weeks later...