Mattresses ?

minty

Guest Rich&Susie

Sorry if this is information that you already know but a UK King is an Australian Queen (roughly). An Oz King is a UK Super King.

We nearly made that mistake until we saw the sizes of the Oz mattresses!! :-)

Rich

I bought a mattress last year and you really have to shop around. I made a mistake and bought one that felt comfortable in the store but when I tried sleeping on it for a couple of nights I was in a lot of discomfort. Luckily the product proved faulty and I was able to get a refund. They don't refund because of change of mind. I did quite a bit of looking around after that. Stores do have sales at certain times of the year and it is worth looking. I ended up buying my mattress from Lecornu and am happy with it. They have a wide range of mattresses to suit various budgets. There is IKEA as mentioned previously, Makin Mattresses (which I've heard of but not been to). There are also a lot of department stores which have sales but overall I quite like the variety at Lecornu and their prices are reasonable.

• 3 months later...
Guest Matt & Suzi

Hi, How different are the bed sizes?

We are bringing our mattress but not bed frame, will we be able to buy a frame to fit a double UK mattress? The shipping people have said take fitted sheets cause we wont be able to get the right size in Oz

Thanks Suzi

Hi, How different are the bed sizes?

We are bringing our mattress but not bed frame, will we be able to buy a frame to fit a double UK mattress? The shipping people have said take fitted sheets cause we wont be able to get the right size in Oz

Thanks Suzi

Read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size#Australian_sizes

The page covers UK sizes also so you can work out the difference.

Guest Adelaide_bound
I think a Costco is opening in Adelaide and they sell mattresses. My brother in law is the manager of Costco here in Leeds that where I got the info.

OMG!!! REALLY!! Sorry, got over excited - but still OMG! Adelaide just keeps getting better and better LOL :D