State sponsorship reopening

Guest helene73

Guest helene73

Well not looking good again, in for another wait!!!

I have just had a email from my agent when SS reopens tomorrow it is going to be a extension of the 2010/2011 SMP this means if your occupation was available before the may shut down you can apply from tomorrow, however if your occupations quota's were filled before the shutdown it's highly unlikely it will be available again until SA implement the new SMP they are apparently working on one at the moment, but have not given any clues to when it will be released.

A few amendments have been made for the reopening tomorrow, so all we can do is wait for now, so good luck to everyone waiting and fingers crossed that occupation has been reinstated. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Adelaide_bound

Helene, SA representatives told me that the quotas are going back to 0 when they reopen, as the quota is for each year (from July - June) and therefore when it reopens it is a new year and they have to reset the quotas - they don't have a choice as it's a new year :nah:

Is this what SA gov are telling your agent? It seems very confusing for different people in SA Gov to tell different people different things....:eek:

PS I am checking the SA immi site what feels like hourly, and they have taken down the SMP page, so I guess they are updating it now and will put it back up when they open tomorrow, their time?! Hopefully! :D

Guest helene73

This is what was emailed to me from my agent who got it from SA gov.

'This is to advise you and your members that the final and revised State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) under the State Migration Plan for 2011-2012 will not be finalised and ready for implementation for 1 July 2011.

However, we propose to re-open the On-line Sponsorship Application System by extending the life of the current SSML with some amendments in order to accept new applications for some occupations very soon. Details of these occupations “List of Occupations available for State Sponsorships – South Australia” and associated criteria and requirements will be outlined on www.migration.sa.gov.au. This list will be utilised until further notice when the full SSML has been approved and published. Please monitor our website.'

Guest helene73

Piggin that was a very polite way of putting that!!! Lol :) I believe I said a lot stronger and un-repeatable words.

I know they say patients is a virtue but I am (in your words) piggin losing it fast :D

'This is to advise you and your members that the final and revised State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) under the State Migration Plan for 2011-2012 will not be finalised and ready for implementation for 1 July 2011.

However, we propose to re-open the On-line Sponsorship Application System by extending the life of the current SSML with some amendments in order to accept new applications for some occupations very soon. Details of these occupations “List of Occupations available for State Sponsorships – South Australia” and associated criteria and requirements will be outlined on www.migration.sa.gov.au. This list will be utilised until further notice when the full SSML has been approved and published. Please monitor our website.'

Hi there

This sounds to me as if DIAC's system for SMP approval is just as slow and no better organised than it was the first time around.

Considering that this is the current GSM system's last gasp before the massive change being predicted for 1st july 2012, I do hope that DIAC will accept that life is not perfect and so that will just get on with it during this final year. Given the massive changes planned for the future, it really isn't imperative to dot every i and cross every t this time around, I feel.

Good luck, everybody.

Cheers

Gill

Guest helene73
LOL :biglaugh:

Just remember to breathe - in through the nose, out through the mouth. And then smash the garden up with a tennis racket :P

LMAO i just spat tea everywhere :biglaugh:

Guest helene73
Hi there

This sounds to me as if DIAC's system for SMP approval is just as slow and no better organised than it was the first time around.

Considering that this is the current GSM system's last gasp before the massive change being predicted for 1st july 2012, I do hope that DIAC will accept that life is not perfect and so that will just get on with it during this final year. Given the massive changes planned for the future, it really isn't imperative to dot every i and cross every t this time around, I feel.

Good luck, everybody.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill, and i totally agree with you :)

Guest JaneDavies

I'm really hoping that us Hairdressers are on that list tomorrow!. I've told my OH he is going to have to try and get employer sponsorship in his field of work as i can't wait much longer. I'm checking the site every hr to see if their are any updates-arghhhhh I'm going mad! Lol

Guest helene73
I'm really hoping that us Hairdressers are on that list tomorrow!. I've told my OH he is going to have to try and get employer sponsorship in his field of work as i can't wait much longer. I'm checking the site every hr to see if their are any updates-arghhhhh I'm going mad! Lol

Jane i have been told that i have to wait for the new SMP, i have taken that to mean that we aren't part of the amendments :( more waiting,

but Jane there is a plus side for us, becouse of the date of our ielts and the wait for the results, if ss processed to quick we may have lost it as it is only valid for 30 days and we wouldn't have been able to lodge without our results, so in a way its one less worry for us, chin up :) looking forward to meeting you :) x

Guest jayatharaka

Dear Helen,

Have you got any idea about the 'some amendments' that they have said they gonna make. Optimistically, that can be making quotas back to 0 as Adelaide_bound had pointed out. BTW I'm in the category of Telecommunication Network Engineer and in the same boat as u r! :arghh:

Rgds,

Tharaka

Guest helene73
Dear Helen,

Have you got any idea about the 'some amendments' that they have said they gonna make. Optimistically, that can be making quotas back to 0 as Adelaide_bound had pointed out. BTW I'm in the category of Telecommunication Network Engineer and in the same boat as u r! :arghh:

Rgds,

Tharaka

Hi Tharaka

Sorry but I have no ideas what the amendments are, i think we will just have to keep a eye on the website to see what if any occupations are added and what could be taken off.

I have just been for a look and surprise, surprise it's still shut!!!

Guest vicky_1970

I don't understand whu they had to say it would be open again on the 1st July and it's not - aarghhhhhhhhhhh !! Will have to wait the whole weekend prob now - these extra days are killing me !!

Guest helene73
I don't understand whu they had to say it would be open again on the 1st July and it's not - aarghhhhhhhhhhh !! Will have to wait the whole weekend prob now - these extra days are killing me !!

Awwwww Vicky (((((((hugs)))))))) big deep breathe, now go open the wine x

Guest vicky_1970

Just phoned the Australia centre in London to find out some more info. They apparently expected the site to be open again today but looks like it's going to be next week now. It's like you said, as the new list is not finalised they are reopening the 2010/11 list until it is sorted but they did say some additional jobs that had been taken off will go back on (they mentioned jobs like engineers, accountants etc) so fingers crossed.

Vicky

Guest Adelaide_bound

Thank you Vicky - I was going to ring next week if nothing changed, as we are now umming and arhing - if they aren't going to open it again for months and months we may as well just apply for the 175 now the points have changed - we do def. want to live and work in SA though anyway, which is annoying then to go for the 175 and live somewhere that *could* have sponsored us, but just can't give a straight answer. Grrrr.

You'd think SA has all the money, immigrants, growth and prospects for the future it needs or something :biglaugh:

At the end of the day, we just really want to know - its the living in limbo that does your head in, isn't it?!

Oh well, got marking to do and lessons to plan so that will keep me out of trouble hopefully. Fingers crossed for everyone that it is soon, and all good news! :)

Guest JaneDavies

Thanks for the info Helene.

We are going to a embrace Australia expo in Leeds on Sunday July 10th so I'm hoping that my OH maybe will get some interviews from that-he is in Marketing/Advertising/Brand Development, so he has a much better chance of being sponsored.

I sent an email to SA gov about two weeks ago and there response said that they were keeping the same list and resetting the quotas to zero.

I will wait to see what Monday brings.

Looking forward to meeting you too Helene!:)