Any carers in Adelaide with UK qualifications?

Guest boesman

Guest boesman

Hi, I have a few years caring (for the elderly) experience (live-in and live out). I would like to continue doing this once we are in ADelaide, but I see they want you to have at least the certificate 111 in Aged Care. I thought of trying do do it while still in the UK or at least start with the assignments, but no college or training organization has come back to me and I have emailed at least 10 of them. :nah:

Does anyone know if they accept UK qualifications? Any advice or info would be great. We leave in 6 months for Adelaide and would like to start on some form of qualification.

Cheers!

Hi, I have a few years caring (for the elderly) experience (live-in and live out). I would like to continue doing this once we are in ADelaide, but I see they want you to have at least the certificate 111 in Aged Care. I thought of trying do do it while still in the UK or at least start with the assignments, but no college or training organization has come back to me and I have emailed at least 10 of them. :nah:

Does anyone know if they accept UK qualifications? Any advice or info would be great. We leave in 6 months for Adelaide and would like to start on some form of qualification.

Cheers!

Sorry, cannot help you with RPL, but have you checked with Tafe?

http://www.tafe.sa.edu.au/home.aspx

Cooler

Guest Nick11

Cert 3 can be done in as little as 6 weeks with a further 76 hours work experience. Half of the work is practical hands on....log rolls, using a lifter etc. So try not to panic.

If you have an NVQ already then just check with TAFE, if you dont have any formal qualifications then sign up for a course once you get here, it'll cost about $1800, if you have lots of experience then get your employer to write you a letter, covering all of the tasks you do, you'll probably be able to get APL's for some of it, and you might not have to do the 76 hours practical at the end of it :)

Cert 3 can be done in as little as 6 weeks with a further 76 hours work experience. Half of the work is practical hands on....log rolls, using a lifter etc. So try not to panic.

Yes, Mrs C had to do one with the private college she used as part of her EN course. I think she paid $1,750 - don't know if it's cheaper with Tafe.

She had plenty of agency work until she got a job as an EN - can be very good money in the care homes.

Cooler

Guest boesman

Thanks. It sounds like I just might do it over there. I don't have an employer now and work privately part time. I will get a reference from my client. The rest of my experience was quite a few years ago before I became a mum and I know some of those agencies have changed names, addresses and numbers or doesn't even exist any more.