Argh

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Becster19

We lodged Independent in the end on Friday. Didn't want to wait when it was unlikely that things would change re: the teaching subjects. I got very depressed earlier reading that other post re teaching.

Guest Adelaide_bound

Think we may in the end Becster - apart from I really don't know if I can do another whole year here (well, actually, I know I can't), and if we go for the 175 it might take that long :( How long do you think it will be for yours on the 175 route? I might be able to hang on until Easter, but no way can I go until next summer.....my head is mental!

Don't be too disheartened on the jobs front - I was told there was no way I would get a primary job in the UK, and it really wasn't any hassle at all - the very worst that happens? You find you do need a new career, and you work in something else you really love. But that is really really bad, worst case, the sky is dropping in situation - everything happens in life for a reason - as awful as people say the situation is, imho if you are any good and want it enough (so work at it) you will get there - this is just based on what people have said to me about teaching here and my experiences.

Guest vicky_1970

My job is not on the SOL list so need the state sponsorship (it is on the STATSOL) - rubbish !! So bored with all this waiting around !!

Guest moviemummy
My job is not on the SOL list so need the state sponsorship (it is on the STATSOL) - rubbish !! So bored with all this waiting around !!

Hi Vicky

For more than a few of us on here it has taken years to get visas. This is through all the changes that have happened and not through fault of ours, but we never lost sight of the goal.

Helene73 is always so positive about this all. I know it is hard and very very frustrating. Try to keep focused.

We kept going - sold cars, house, quite a lot of furniture etc. When it eventually all happened it was quick and we were ready to go. We have managed living in a smaller house and driving one old banger for a year because we kept focused. We were going to make it one way or the other.

Things do happen for a reason. Feels terrible at the time but will all work out, promise!

L x :)

Guest Adelaide_bound

I phoned SA in London today (if that makes sense lol) and the lady who deals with SS is on holiday for a week :arghh:

So no news until next week I'm afraid people.

After yet another argument with parents last night, just cannot wait to get on with things (and yes, I know a lot of people have been waiting a hell of a lot longer. Fab for them. Sorry, but I'm being selfish for once in my life and caring about me and my family, and how we feel right now lol :biglaugh: )

Guest helene73
Hi Vicky

For more than a few of us on here it has taken years to get visas. This is through all the changes that have happened and not through fault of ours, but we never lost sight of the goal.

Helene73 is always so positive about this all. I know it is hard and very very frustrating. Try to keep focused.

We kept going - sold cars, house, quite a lot of furniture etc. When it eventually all happened it was quick and we were ready to go. We have managed living in a smaller house and driving one old banger for a year because we kept focused. We were going to make it one way or the other.

Things do happen for a reason. Feels terrible at the time but will all work out, promise!

L x :)

Hiya

don't worry i am still very positive and extremley focused :)

would have been nice to sail through with no hitches but hey i aren't that lucky!!!

I am busy focusing on my ielts at the end of the month, i never did this much studying at school! Oh and thinking of back up plans, so if anybody knows of any nice aussie men that would not mind committing bigamony please PM me lmao :)

Guest helene73
I phoned SA in London today (if that makes sense lol) and the lady who deals with SS is on holiday for a week :arghh:

So no news until next week I'm afraid people.

After yet another argument with parents last night, just cannot wait to get on with things (and yes, I know a lot of people have been waiting a hell of a lot longer. Fab for them. Sorry, but I'm being selfish for once in my life and caring about me and my family, and how we feel right now lol :biglaugh: )

awwwwwww cheer up :) don't let the parents get you down, you will soon be away from them before you know it.

I know all this waiting around is hard, even i have my down days but i just keep thinking that after all the hurdles we have jumped that once we get our golden ticket it will be all the more special to us. Things could be a lot worse for us when you read how long some of the guys on PIA have had to wait, but their stories give you hope, they hung in there and got there in the end, mind if i have to wait that long i will be putting the bigamony plan into action ;)

H x

Guest Adelaide_bound

LOL - I know helene, you just need a winge every now and then about it all, don't you? And I don't think people who aren't going through it really get it tbh.

If you knew 'it will be 6 months' or '24 months' or whatever and it stuck to that it wouldn't be so bad - its just because they keep moving the goal posts that makes it just soooo frustrating imho....grrrr lol.

Oh well, it will open when it opens, and nothing can be done - feel so much better for having a winge on here though :D (Yes, I am a blo*dy moaning pom :P)

Guest Adelaide_bound

Oh, and I actually only know aussie girls now I come to think about it - how about hanging around Walkabout pubs and seeing if any of the staff bite? :P:biglaugh:

Guest helene73
LOL - I know helene, you just need a winge every now and then about it all, don't you? And I don't think people who aren't going through it really get it tbh.

If you knew 'it will be 6 months' or '24 months' or whatever and it stuck to that it wouldn't be so bad - its just because they keep moving the goal posts that makes it just soooo frustrating imho....grrrr lol.

Oh well, it will open when it opens, and nothing can be done - feel so much better for having a winge on here though :D (Yes, I am a blo*dy moaning pom :P)

A time frame would be great i must admit, and winge away thats what we are here for lol and know one understands better than the guys on here how fustrating the process is my husband and friends just look at me oh no here she goes again!! with a glazed look over their faces.

What's a walk about and where can i find one :embarrassed:

Guest vicky_1970

I agree !! I'm most frustrated cos I'm probably about to lose my job here and Oz is what's keeping me going. The thing I really want more than ever is OZ for my family !!! I wouldn't be feeling so pi**ed off if life was better here.

Vicky

Guest Adelaide_bound
I agree !! I'm most frustrated cos I'm probably about to lose my job here and Oz is what's keeping me going. The thing I really want more than ever is OZ for my family !!! I wouldn't be feeling so pi**ed off if life was better here.

Vicky

But if life wasn't so carp here, we wouldn't want/need to go - swings and roundabouts :D

(I've had my winge so am feeling happier and more positive now lol)