Processing times for Medicals...

Guest SusieOR

Guest SusieOR

So, we did our medicals on 13th June, 1 of our daughter's was online so were sent straight away via ehealth & have been received & finalised since 15th June. However, the rest of our details were not online so they were posted (registered post) on 21st & dispatched from Dublin on 22nd June...

I was starting to worry about them as I dont know if they have been received or not, so I messaged our case officer last night & they have come back to us today to say there is a 5 week delay on medicals being processed at the mo...

Anyone else in the same boat... waiting for meds to go through... what is anyone elses timescales for meds to be processed at the mo...

Cheers Sx

Guest shellee

Hi SusieOR,

We were in the same situation, had meds in manchester on 8th june, myself and O/H were sent by e/health but our 2 children were not on the system so had to be couriered to Sydney, they were sent on 17th june by DHL I tracked them and they arrived in Sydney on 20th june they finally showed on on DIAC online tracker on 1st of july and were finalised straight away. We then had our visa granted on 4th july.

Hope this helps.

Shellee

Guest bidsandrew

We are in the same boat aswell, I was starting to get really worried so very pleased to see your post!!

All of ours were done via E-Health, meds done on the 9th June, both kids finalised on the 15th June but nothing changed on ours apart from my husbands HIV tests received on the 15th June but mine still not showing as received. Was getting worried as to why my blood tests not showing as received as all done on the same day but if there is a delay maybe that is why!

I see so many people saying they have received their visas only a few weeks after medicals so every day I check in hope that it will be our day!

I take it if your medicals arent referred straight away everything is ok?? They seem to have gone well but because of not hearing anything I keep worrying that there is something they are checking up on??

Good luck to all of you waiting, it feels like it is dragging but im sure all of our times will come!

Guest leeannekays

5 weeks!! eeekkk We had our medicals yesterday, i was hoping in a week we would have our visa.

We are getting married in September and I have booked a holiday in my married name just after the wedding so I wanted to send my passport off before the weddin (you can change your name on your passport 3 months before you actually get married as long as you dont use the passport before your wedding date) however i cant change the name until I have my visa stamped in my current passport. As all the visa is done under my maiden name.

Its going to be really tight. Not sure if anyone understands what I just said?!? ANy advice

Leeanne xx

Guest SusieOR
5 weeks!! eeekkk We had our medicals yesterday, i was hoping in a week we would have our visa.

We are getting married in September and I have booked a holiday in my married name just after the wedding so I wanted to send my passport off before the weddin (you can change your name on your passport 3 months before you actually get married as long as you dont use the passport before your wedding date) however i cant change the name until I have my visa stamped in my current passport. As all the visa is done under my maiden name.

Its going to be really tight. Not sure if anyone understands what I just said?!? ANy advice

Leeanne xx

Hey Leeanne, I understand... hopefully it wont be 5 weeks... shellee's didnt take that long so I am still hopefull... I think sometimes they put timescales like that so you dont bug them too much :huh:

Thanks guys you have just put my mind at ease a bit :cute:

Sx

Guest Taxi

hi Susie, we had our medicals done in Birmingham (bloomin miles away!) on 18th June. the visa progress page said further medical results received on 22nd June and HIV, Hep B & Hep C received 5th July. It then said Health Requirements finalised 5th July. Hope that helps. Im hoping it's the end of the paperwork but daren't hope too soon!

Guest Mary

...and we are also in the same situation. We had our medicals on 24 May, sent to Sydney by UPS on 1 June, delivered to HOC on 6 June, referred on 14 June, no news since then :sad:

Guest edenfieldpoms

Hi we had our meds on 29th june, 3 were done on line and 1 had to be sent by courier, got a bit worried so rang medical centre and got tracking number for dhl, tracked it and found it was sent 1st july and landed in sydney 4th july. So I emailed hoc and the next day (today ) they emailed me and said that they were on the system and finalised. I then got an email straight after it with the grant letter for our 176. So if I was you I would email them and find out if they are on the system. There email address is health.operations.centre@immi.gov.au

I hope that this is of help and good luck

april

Guest SusieOR

I got this response this morning...

"The outstanding medicals for Colm, Susanne & Kiara O'Reilly were received at our office on 5th July, 2011 and we should have them assessed within the next day or 2."

Thanks for your advice... Sx