any hairdressers got their visa?

Guest edenfieldpoms

Guest edenfieldpoms

HI,

Your timeline is about the same as ours, we applied in oct 2008, got ss from wa in may 2010 then knocked off smp dec 2010, got ss from sa in may 2011 then visa 7th july 2011.

Havent got a clue really where we are going to go, going hopefully on a reccie during the summer hols.

Do you know where you are going? Are you going to work in a salon or do mobile? I quite fancy working in a salon first then maybe do mobile ( I am mobile at the moment ) just to get into the game over there and see how they work.

april

HI we got our visa a while ago. my wife nicol is the hairdresser , she just been looking for jobs, seems that there are a few to choose from on career one .. she is currently self employed and has been for a few years now so thinks she will find it strange to work for someone else..

HI we got our visa a while ago. my wife nicol is the hairdresser , she just been looking for jobs, seems that there are a few to choose from on career one .. she is currently self employed and has been for a few years now so thinks she will find it strange to work for someone else..
same here, I've been mobile for 20 years !! Be really hard to adapt to having a boss and someone else set my hours !

Guest Lesley F

:smile:Hi April, I applied in January for SS my visa was lodged in April,meds and police checks in Oz just a waiting game now.(no news is good news!!!! so I keep reminding myself. Good luck with your application

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edenfieldpoms
Hi April , yeah we got our visa's granted end of May - gotta wait til next July to emigrate though - kids gotta complete another school year. anyway congrats. Got someone viewing our house tomorrow so crossing fingers !

yeah we are looking at january 2013 as daughter starts high school this year, dont start high school in oz until 13 so she will just b 13 in dec 2012, this way she will be advanced and it may be easier for her to settle as at the mo she doesnt want to go, got little lad aged 4 starts school this year the move wont effect him.

good luck with the move are you doing a reccie at all?

april

Guest edenfieldpoms

hi I've been mobile for 12 years now but i am looking forward to working for someone as I do miss the banter of the salon, but yes it will be hard to take orders off someone else (especially if younger than me and thinks they know more than me) but needs are a must, we will need a regular wage to help us settle at first until we start our own business over there renovating houses.

good luck

april

Guest edenfieldpoms
WE DID!! As you will see it took quite some time, until we applied for State Sponsorship. Once that came through it all happened sooo quick! :jiggy:

4th august WOW! Is that for a reccie or the big move?

You will have to let us know how you get on

good luck

april

4th august WOW! Is that for a reccie or the big move?

You will have to let us know how you get on

good luck

april

Nope that's the BIG MOVE!! Luckily we've been before back in 2007/2008 on a student visa and also have family over there, so we know how things work etc. Will just be a hell of a lot easier this time round financially as there's no restrictions on our visa.

Good luck with yours, and will keep you posted.

Guest maxfactornackerlacker

Hi guy's and Gals,

My first post on this site. Just had Visa granted ( 14th July 2011) after changing SS to SA from |WA. I had stopped looking on these things, as it was too frustrating when there seemed no hope ! My other half is a hairdresser, so we got the visa on her credentials. Spending 4 or 5 hours a day doing homework on SA now, and looking at going for a reccie in February 11.

I'm soo excited !!

Chris, Becky, 2 kids and a visa