Where too start!

Guest dan&em02

Guest dan&em02

My partner and i have just decided too start the process too try and move too Adelaide. He's just qualified as a lift engineer, but what now?

Can anyone help please with what next step too take and the best way to go about it please :)

Thanks

Guest helene73

Hi guys get in touch with a visa agent to talk about your options and find out the different stages :)

Your first step though is to get your husbands skill assessed by TRA or which ever one covers his occupation. Good luck guys and hang in there no matter what happens :)

Helene

Guest moviemummy

Hi Dan and Em

Might sound really basic but have you looked on DIAC website? Loads of info and advice there.

Good luck!

L x

Guest Adelaide_bound

The visa wizard http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/ on the DIAC website is really good, if you haven't done much/any research on things yet, it tells you what various things you need (eg points wise and then what proof of those things) and can steer you in the right direction for skills assessment).

Generally you do 'Can I get a visa at all?(ie am I on any SOL)>>Skills assessment>>IELTS (if needed, or might be before skills depending on the skill/profession)>>apply for SS (if needed/wanted)>>Apply for visa>>Get CO>>Get Meds and Police checks done>>Get on a plane :)

PS Am I stupid, or has the thanks button gone? :( I liked my thanks button, made me feel polite to others and loved in return :D lol