Recommended movers

Guest heidi

Hi all,

Finally we are at the last stages of our application and we need to start getting things organised for the big move.

We have done some research into deciding what removal company to use, but cant quite decide as there are so many out there that offer the same service, the only difference being the price.

My question is basically, can anyone recommend a shipping company that they have used and what do they offer that others dont. And also what are the main things i should watch out for? (added costs, insurance, etc).

Any info would be a great help.

Thanks

Heidi, Jamie, Maisie Anne

Guest chrisk8
Hi there,

We are living on the South coast at the mo, in Bournemouth (Dorset).

Thanks.

Jamie, Heidi & Maisie.

One of you're best bets locally will be White & Co www.whiteandcompany.co.ukthey have an office in Bournemouth (I think) - You could also try Atlantic International Movers www.aimrelo.co.uk they are fairly close by - as well as a whole host of the London big boys who will invariably travel down to see you if you call them - such as PSS, Anglo Pacific the list goes on.

Good Luck

Guest Rachael

Hi there!

Welcome to PIA

Haven't got a clue about shipping companies as we're about to embark on that to. Just noticed you live in Bournemouth. So do we!

James and I are just in the process of selling our house before the big move. When do you hope to be in Adelaide?

Rachael.

Guest Libby1971

Hi

We had quotes from a number of people - Whites as already suggested, Bishops Move and a few others. We went with Whites purely on the basis of services offered. We'd have been equally happy with Bishops.

Libby

Hi,

We have PSS coming to pack us up tomorrow. Very reasonable price for the sole use of a 20ft container as they use 'reefer containers that are insulated and have slightly less capacity.

I think they are nationwide but they came out to us in Portsmouth no problem, seeing as you're just along the coast you should be ok with them too. Our container ships from Southampton in a little over a week.

Will let you know how they get on with the packing!!!!!

Paul.

Hi there,

this is mainly for anybody in scotland, we had a couple of quotes like some others on here, they were from Anglo Pacific and Meadows.

We went for Meadows as we felt a bit more comforable with the service that they provide, they are a family company based in Glasgow and Edinburgh and offer free storage at their premises for a few weeks if need be. We have ordered some items of furniture and to save us any hassle and delivery costs, meadows have said that they would pick them up free of charge and keep them until we are ready to have the rest of our things lifted from our house.

We were going to try and get a sole use container, but have been advised of a price of £3200 (20ft), which the owner of the company advised that we would be hard pushed to fill it with the items that we are taking and would save money by sharing. They also advised of the Vat refund facility on new items which we weren't aware about.

So with all these little things feel that they aren't just after our money and have offered a very friendly and professional service so far.

Well PSS have been and gone and they certainly get my vote. Polite, tidy efficient, all stuff really.

Arrived 0800 and were away by 1315 with a sealed container on its way to the docks.

They emptied and packed everything that wasn't marked to leave.

Fingers crossed the service at the other end is as good.

PSS are definately one to consider!!!!

Gosh my house seems big now it's empty................ lol, shame we're still here for a couple of weeks!!!

Paul.

Guest P_and_L

We intend to sell all of our large stuff before we go and just take a few boxes of valuables and personal items. Anyone had any quotes for sending boxes, tea chests etc over to Oz? And do they have to be packed by professionals for customs purposes?

Hi there!

Welcome to PIA

Haven't got a clue about shipping companies as we're about to embark on that to. Just noticed you live in Bournemouth. So do we!

James and I are just in the process of selling our house before the big move. When do you hope to be in Adelaide?

Rachael.

Hi Rachael,

Nice to hear from someone local! Small world. We live in central Bournemouth and can't wait to get out! Do you know anything about the meeting set for Weymouth on the 27th?? ..Do you have jobs to go to? Specific areas you want to live in Adelaide?. It seems once you get that visa is when the hard slog really starts! There are soooooooooo many decisions to make and things to organise. All those life changing stresses at once. Definately think it will be worth it in the long run. Our kids better appreciate it!

Heidi

Guest Rachael

Hi

I'd like to go to the meet but don't know anything about it. Have replied to the other thread, same as you, to find out more.

James is a welder and is currently applying for jobs but think he will have to wait till we get there.

I'm a teacher and will probably do part-time, we're moving to oz so I don't have to work so much. Am fed up of working 8am -8pm here. We're currently trying to sell the house and start sorting everything. I've handed in my notice and will finish at Easter, so the pressure is on now more than ever. This is becoming stressful, I agree, especially if we don't sell the house before I finish! Otherwise we'll be broke, not a word my husband likes.

Hopefully, we'll be able to meet next week, will have to convince James to come first though.

Rachael.