touched down and stressed

Guest ebstar

Guest ebstar

well we received our visa less than 5 weeks ago. Things were manic in the UK trying to get everything sorted.My oh had to finnish up and close his business and ended up only having 1 day off between getting the visa and flying (he worked 7 day weeks).i had lost my grandad over the past couple of weeks and had a breast cancer scare making it hard to be excited about the move.With my oh at work this left me at home with the 3 kids,their goodbye parties,oh's books to complete in time for the tax man and everything to finnish and open etc for the move. I was still packing and transferring money 30 mins before leaving for the airport. By that time i was completely overwhelmed in floods of tears not knowing which way to turn.After all this was not the way i had planned things and it was important to me to spend our last day with family.It made me feel like we were literaly ripped out of one life and thrown into another.

We arrived in Adelaide on wed and hit the ground with our feet running.My oh was supposed to have 2 weeks off before starting work but infact started today,just 4days in. We have met with our agent,collected hire car,employer,bank,applied for tfn no's.Some of the areas we researched are right for us and others definately not.We have 2 weeks remaining in our holiday rental and still have to find a car and somewhere to live. Then theres medicare and schools to sort out. Luckily as its the school holidays here we don't have such a rush on that one.

Today at the rental with the kids and no car i'm feeling a little lost and worried about my oh as he is really not well today and the car didn't want to start this morning. Do i laugh it off or cry? Today is our 13th wedding anniversary!

Sorry i don't mean to rant i'm just an emotional wreck of a new arrival.Although we are all stressed we are sure this is the right place for our future. Give me a couple of weeks and hopefully i will have a fantasticly positive post on our new life.

Thanks for reading.x

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi you had a hectic few weeks from getting visa, leaving UK and arriving in Oz. Not surprised you emtional about it all, it hard enough when it runs smoothly without having the problems you had. Hope it all settles down for you soon and you can start enjoying your new life.

Where abouts are you? We in Morphett Vale at the moment. I got little kids but happy to meet up sometime so you can have a rant.

Michelle x

(((((hugs))))))

You've had so much to deal with, and as you are already saying it isn't even over yet. Just offering some moral support really. Your feelings are totally understandable, and it's a big deal moving without any of the extras you've had to go through. Not to mention you are probably still jetlagged. Hopefully PIA will offer you a sense of belonging, while you get everything together. You've already achieved a lot, and the paperwork and all that stuff when you get here's a bit mind boggling. Hope you find some friends soon. Post where you are staying currently, so that others might be able to offer you some help / ideas to get through the next few weeks. xx

Guest hughescl

Hi we arrived two weeks ago and totaly understand how you are feeling, we were out shopping this morning and Paul had a call to go into work today so that ruined the plans, I'm also stuck at our rental with no car and two children who are fighting constantly. PM me if you need anything it will get better Claire x

Ditto what everyone else has said - you've had a lot to deal with in a short timeframe but the biggest hurdles are behind you; in a few weeks' time you'll be far more settled, and in a few months' time you'll be enjoying great weather and able to relax and enjoy your new life here. I don't know how old your kids are but we have a five year old son so if you're short of toys until your belongings arrive, get us a shout - we're overflowing with them!

Jim

Guest taunton

My god, I thought my week had been stresfull.....I've had a walk in the park compared to you....I hope it all settles down for you and you and other half are able to spend some quality time together with the kids.....

We are in Seaford Rise, with 2 kids, my OH is also working....if you fancy a get togehter just shout....don't sit on your own with the kids stressing, have some company.....it does get easier.

Take care Wend

big [[[[[hugs]]]]] to you.

You have had a really stressful time and it is understandable that you feel a bit overwhelmed with it all. Take a deap breath and take stock of what you have achieved.....you will soon feel more settled and I really hope things calm down a little for you.

Sounds like you have some great offers for meet ups with local peeps, which may be just what you need.

Take care

beck xx

Guest moviemummy

Hi

Just like all the other great folks on here have said, we're thinking of you and in a few weeks when we arrive and you are all settled, you will send us back all your experince and words of wisdom.

Keep smiling. This has been your dream for so long.

L x

This process is stressful at the best of times - you've had a lot more to deal with than many of us and the last part especially has been so hurried your feet haven't touched the ground. Hang in there, believe in your dreams and I'm sure things will get better - its early days yet. Take people up on their offers of help and let off steam on here - sharing/venting really does help. We don't mind.

Guest ebstar

Thanks everyone for all the replies.Back in the UK i would have made one of my lists and got on with it.Here as we are finding our feet and where everything thing is it sometimes feels that your going nowhere fast.We know things are going to come up trumps and will hopefully post on that very soon.

Thanks xxx