Nightmare!!!!

Guest deanrm

Guest deanrm

Hi All

Firstly I am going to apologise for going on before I 'go on' but today we have had a major set back.

The waiting got the better of us today, so this pm Dean rang our agent, to see if there is any news. 'No Mr Mapleston," she said. "We still have not received your documentation." "What documentation?" he said.

To cut a long story short, she was refering to the documentation Our Case officer requested on the 7th December. We didn't even know we had a case officer never mind that he wanted further documents. Our agent said she sent us a e-mail on the 7th December, we never received it!!! Even more suspetct is that we have spoken and e-mailed her since that date regarding our Medicals and Police checks and nothing was mentioned. So now we need to get an extenstion with DIMIA and get this paperwork together ASAP.

Not only have we wasted a month but what do they need more papers for? They have requested more evidence of Self-Employment and all his accounts for the past 4 years, along with VAT Returns (which we cant produce originals as the VAT man has these) ect ect ect.

Has this happened to anyone else and does it mean we could be refused our visa?

It was beginning to feel so close and now it seems we are never going to get it..

Thanks

A very very annoyed Trisha

Hi All

Firstly I am going to apologise for going on before I 'go on' but today we have had a major set back.

The waiting got the better of us today, so this pm Dean rang our agent, to see if there is any news. 'No Mr Mapleston," she said. "We still have not received your documentation." "What documentation?" he said.

To cut a long story short, she was refering to the documentation Our Case officer requested on the 7th December. We didn't even know we had a case officer never mind that he wanted further documents. Our agent said she sent us a e-mail on the 7th December, we never received it!!! Even more suspetct is that we have spoken and e-mailed her since that date regarding our Medicals and Police checks and nothing was mentioned. So now we need to get an extenstion with DIMIA and get this paperwork together ASAP.

Not only have we wasted a month but what do they need more papers for? They have requested more evidence of Self-Employment and all his accounts for the past 4 years, along with VAT Returns (which we cant produce originals as the VAT man has these) ect ect ect.

Has this happened to anyone else and does it mean we could be refused our visa?

It was beginning to feel so close and now it seems we are never going to get it..

Thanks

A very very annoyed Trisha

Hi Trisha

Sorry your agent has been unhelpful.

My other half is also self employed and we too have been asked for the same paperwork as you which they had back in Nov so I think this is normal. All the details on our status page change to 'met' all but the work experience. Which our agent has told us they may even more info or its been over looked and could change in day or so.

So dont get to annoyed (easy for me to say) the extra work stuff is normal.

Good luck with the rest of this visa madness:wacko:

Tina x

Guest dglamoore

So sorry about your agent and the mix up. We had a similar request due to Greg being self employed so seems to be a pretty standard thing - but a huge pain when you are in the last bit of wiating I know!!!!

Good luck with it all and fingers crossed it won't be much longer for you :cute:

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest deanrm

Thanks for your words of incouragment. I hope your right.

I think this set back has made me realise how much I want to go. I now need to turn my attention to getting the papers together (rather than calling our agent).

Thanks again, will keep you all posted.

Trisha

Guest bookworm64

hi

really sorry to hear about your nightmare, sounds like a dodgy case officer to me, not that i am an expert, just starting our process :unsure:

i hope you get things sorted out.

also noticed we both live in lincoln, small world!

good luck

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me what they sent, when the department requested more evidence of Self-Employment.

I am struggling to think of much without duplicating the TRA.

obliously i am sending his Accounts but any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Trisha

Guest graandjac

:confused:When we sent ours , we sent in Pics of jobs, pics of tools, references from all suppliers , references from all my builders I sub-contracted to , pics of my sign written van , some business cards , national insurance statement , letter from my accountant showing gross and nett profit for the past 6 years , the Tra doc its self with the usual 50 page essay for question 8 i think...? hope this helps Cheers Graham

Guest ade&emma

Which agency are you with as we have had the same thing happen to us. We were told to wait to do our medicals and police checks as we didn't have a case officer then about 2 weeks ago we were told they needed our mediacals and police checks by the 4th January!!! They also requested payslips from 2004/2005 these were sent and then we were told they needed them from 2004 till present day. Nightmare as my fiancees old employeer's accounts ladies is off on maternity (lucky she is also my fiancees sister in law but still!!!!!)

Guest lastboyscout

I`ve been sending emails to my case officer asking if there is any more progress on our application and I haven`t even had a response, I think she may have left DIMA:swoon:

I sent an email through the general enquiries email through the site before Christmas and they responded by telling us we would know before the Friday before Chrimbo IF a decision could be made, and still nothing, I have no nails left :(

Guest dglamoore
Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me what they sent, when the department requested more evidence of Self-Employment.

I am struggling to think of much without duplicating the TRA.

obliously i am sending his Accounts but any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Trisha

Hi Trisha

We sent copies of our yearly tax statements as all that was requested from us was Inland Revenue info.

Lisa:cute:

Guest homewardbound

Hi Trisha,

It's really frustrating and disappointing isn't it? You think you've sent off everything they could possibly need and then they come back for more. I have an Australian passport so my husband is going on a spouse's visa. He has his visa now but after we sent off all the info for the application they e-mailed us to ask for more statutory declarations proving we are in a relationship - we've been married 29 years for heaven's sake!! Oh well, it's worth it all in the end. So best of luck and hope you get your visas soon.

Veronica

Guest Tracijbc

Hi,

Yes I was asked for documents referring to my self employment so it looks standard. The case officers at ASPC seem to have nothing to do with the TRA so the same info can be used again. The request for this information bty our case officer gave us 28 day to reply with documents or information on what efforts had been made and when documents may be available if not available within twenty eight days.

The most useful info I got together were copies of self assesment returns from HM Revenue and Customs. I phoned my tax office asked nicely and a wodge of screen dumps for the last five tax years was with me within ten or so days. Your filled in returns are entered onto their computers and stored that prooves your self employed status.

As far as blame goes I would put that with the agent as case officers communicate with agents rather than applicants.

Hope that helps Matt

Hi Dean & Trish,

We are friends of Nick & Jo also i just thought i would send you this to say hope everything works out for you . Hopefuly we will see you at the party on Satureday the 19th of this month. Maybe we could keep in contact with you guys aswell. I know nick and jo cant wait to get out there also lets not forget the kids aswell, they are going to love it. I have been to Adelaide before and it is a fab place to go , have you guys been to oz before.

Regards :v_SPIN:

Mark and Helen ( Living in Bourne , Lincs ) :chatterbox::goofy:

Hi Dean & Trish,

Did you have a great night on Sat, we had a fab night . Nick tells me that your taking their luggage to the airport for them. Hope we can keep in contact pm me as soon as you can with your email address and phone number.

Regards

mark & Helen

It should be alright, it happened to us too, we got told the case officer has requested employement details and lots of other stuff since leaving secondary after being told we'd have the visa way back in Dec- we sent it all off and didn't hear anything and then last week I emailed the agent who sent she had emailed us the visa! of course we hadn't got it but apparently once they have have all the paperwork they request, they soon grant u'r visa.Hopefully all will be well soon.good luck

Hi All

Firstly \congratulations to all of you who have had your visa granted recently. Brilliant news.

And secondly, we have now e-mailed our final documents as requwsted to our agent today. She said you would forward it today...

How long did all of those of you who had to do this have to wait to hear your visa was granted????

I am hoping not to long, but am I hoping??????????????

THANKS

A very impatient Trisha

Did someone just say a few days????????????????????????

Oh god please please please.

Thanks for all your kind words and you will all be the first to know if and when we hear anything.

Trisha