Where is our Visa?!!

Guest bidsandrew

Guest bidsandrew

Hi guys, had our medicals done on 9th June, all seemed fine and as far as I can tell none of them were referred. Both kids finalised on the 15th June and OH's blood tests received. Apart from that nothing has changed since. When I spoke to our agent she said that there is a delay at HOC and she emailed them on our behalf. That was on the 7th July and still nothing changed!

It is only 5 and a bit weeks since our medicals and we were originally told 4 - 8 weeks but it just seems that so many of you are getting your visa's within a couple of weeks of medicals. Is anyone in the same boat as us?

We are desperate to get our house on the market but obviously dont want to do it before we get that all important yes (hopefully!!!)

Bridget

Guest Claire
Hi guys, had our medicals done on 9th June, all seemed fine and as far as I can tell none of them were referred. Both kids finalised on the 15th June and OH's blood tests received. Apart from that nothing has changed since. When I spoke to our agent she said that there is a delay at HOC and she emailed them on our behalf. That was on the 7th July and still nothing changed!

It is only 5 and a bit weeks since our medicals and we were originally told 4 - 8 weeks but it just seems that so many of you are getting your visa's within a couple of weeks of medicals. Is anyone in the same boat as us?

We are desperate to get our house on the market but obviously dont want to do it before we get that all important yes (hopefully!!!)

Bridget

Hi Bridget,

I wouldnt worry about it too much, my medicals have been finalised since the 27th of May and still we havent heard anything at all! Our meds were also fine and the police checks came back clear.

I asked my agent about this as we are worrying about it, they advised CO have different case loads therefore processing times vary!

I hope you hear soon! x

Guest edenfieldpoms

Bridget

Hi bridget,

if I were you I would email your CO if status is showing all meds finalised, if not email HOC yourself. I had my meds on 29th june and emailed HOC on 6th july cos little lads meds were not finalised got email from CO next day saying VISA GRANTED. I didnt use an agent and my CO team was team 4.

Hope this helps and good luck with the visa, I know how frustrating it can be we waited nearly 3 years for ours.

april

Guest bidsandrew

Thanks for your replies. I have emailed our CO but now wondering if I should email HOC aswell as meds not showing as finalised.

I just re read the email my agent sent me on the 7th July and she did have contact with HOC who said they were aware of the problem and because that was the only thing our CO was waiting for they would prioritise our case......... still nothing changed though!!

Am I entitled to get in touch with HOC due to the fact that we are going through an agent and that she has already contacted them? I dont want to be to pushy but I want that visa!!!

Bridget

Bridget

Hi Bridget

I know how you feel, we had our medicals on the 31st March and they said it would take 4-6 weeks. Our visas eventually came through on the 5th July, so don't worry. The reason we had is that they were waiting for the new visa relaeases to be signed off after the 1st July and they had a lot of catching up to do.

Like you I read everyday that someone had their medicals and two weeks later they had their visas, but I guess it depends on what type of visa you are going for as well.

I'd only be concerned if it went over 8 weeks, and even then there could be a logical reason, but hopefully it won't be that long . Good luck !

Russell

Guest dwethe

Hi Bridget, we had are medicles cleared by our CO on the 30th June, but still have not heard back. Our Agent has confirmed that this is normal for some cases to be delayed. The wait is doing our head in....... Esp as we still have tell parents.

Lets hope doint have long to wait.

Dean

Guest bidsandrew

Hi all, I have just had a call from our Agent, turns out the clinic that we had our medicals done at didnt fill in all the information on our forms. :arghh: I am so cross at everyone - the clinic for taking our money and not completing their side and the HOC for taking so long to let us know!! Sorry just needed to air my absolute frastration!!

Guest bidsandrew

At last our meds are finalised!! There has been a huge mess up with our medicals hence why it has taken (had our meds done 9th June, no referrals). The clinic we had them done at are blaming the HOC and the HOC seem to be blaming the clinic! Our meds were duplicated which meant no one could get into them which in turn meant that we had to go paper based. No one has ever seen this before and it seems to have everyone talking!!! Typical that it is us that have a unfixable problem!! So we went paper based yesterday and this morning our meds are finalised. Because of the probs they agreed to have them all sent via email and our case became top priority, lets hope that means we get our visa any day now!! Thanks for listening to me rant and rave!!