did anyone

Guest zoeann

Guest zoeann

fill out a visa assessment form and have to pay £145. just received this in the post today, didnt realise had to pay for it. its not a problem just checking its all part ov it xx

Hi

Where did you fill out the accessment form, online?

Was it a 'see if you qualify' webpage or something? In my experience this is normally free of charge as the next step is to apply for the visa if you qualify (points etc) and that's where the charges tend to start..

Guest zoeann
No most agents will do a free telephone consultation to see if you qualifiy, also remember to check that agents are MARA registered :)

it says return this visa assesment form along with your £145 then they will asses our visa eligibility. if favourable they will prepare us a written assesment report and arrangea consultation.

Guest helene73
it says return this visa assesment form along with your £145 then they will asses our visa eligibility. if favourable they will prepare us a written assesment report and arrangea consultation.

I would phone some companies they do a free telephone consultation and will no doubt tell you the same stuff as the report :)

Guest Becster19

Please please don't pay that. It's a con. All the major agents will assess you for free. We went with sort out my visa and they have been excellent. We exchanged emails for a few months getting advice without paying anything. Only paid when we hired them to actually get things moving. We had a full assessment for free. Tbh after we had got that, I could have then done all the paperwork myself as it was so good!

Please please don't pay that. It's a con. All the major agents will assess you for free. We went with sort out my visa and they have been excellent. We exchanged emails for a few months getting advice without paying anything. Only paid when we hired them to actually get things moving. We had a full assessment for free. Tbh after we had got that, I could have then done all the paperwork myself as it was so good!

We used Ian Harrop and he was free - well, the assessment was!

Cooler

Do the assessment and look up everything you need to know on http://www.immi.gov.au . All the info is accurate and free as it is the only official source.

If your application is straightforward and you are good with paperwork then you do not have to use an agent to apply.

Even if you do decide to use an agent it pays to read up and understand the process for yourself anyway.

fill out a visa assessment form and have to pay £145. just received this in the post today, didnt realise had to pay for it. its not a problem just checking its all part ov it xx

we didnt have to pay for a visa assessment we useda migration agent in chester the emigration group, we went in for a free consultation, they advised us that my o/h would be eligable to apply, you only have to pay if you agree to take things further..

Guest Viksta

Yep same as that!! We did have one agency (who we didnt use in the end coz they were rubbish!!) who were gonna charge £150 for a consultation because they have so many people trying to get advice from them and then go ahead and do it themselves, but they would have taken the £150 of their final bill if we used them! However we then Phoned Ian Harrop and he did it all for free and was the cheapest! Again I wish we'd done it ourselves as it was sooooo easy, however I couldn't fault them, they've been great and its a bit easier getting someone to do it all for you! But one last thing - Coolerking - you might be interested in knowing they are closing tomoz!! He's merging with an Endinburugh company and all the other staff are being made redundant!! Sorry I know thats not relevant but just thought CK would be interested!!

Yep same as that!! We did have one agency (who we didnt use in the end coz they were rubbish!!) who were gonna charge £150 for a consultation because they have so many people trying to get advice from them and then go ahead and do it themselves, but they would have taken the £150 of their final bill if we used them! However we then Phoned Ian Harrop and he did it all for free and was the cheapest! Again I wish we'd done it ourselves as it was sooooo easy, however I couldn't fault them, they've been great and its a bit easier getting someone to do it all for you! But one last thing - Coolerking - you might be interested in knowing they are closing tomoz!! He's merging with an Endinburugh company and all the other staff are being made redundant!! Sorry I know thats not relevant but just thought CK would be interested!!

Thanks for that, I knew Ian was frustrated by all the changes. That's a shame, I guess it may be a knock on from all the changes. We used the company because our case was slightly complicated and we also had a lot going on - they were excellent.

Thanks for the heads up,

Cooler