Voluntry redundancy taken - House sale fallen through !!!!!!!!

minty

Well well well.

This dream of ours is nearly 3 years in the making and its still not finished.

Took voluntry redundancy on Wednesday as it was a good package and although we knew it was a risk thought it was worth the gamble. Today 2 days before the revised exchange date our buyers have pulled out as in there words "the would be to financally streched".

Funny thing is i am sitting here typing this with a smile :huh:

Have decided to rent the house out. Does not leave us with a fortune too come out with but its managable and will save ourselves 6k in early repayment morgage fees which would not be the case in March.

Everything happens for a reason, you just dont know those reasons at the time.

Have a good weekend everyone !!!!!!!!!

Chris & Selina

pretty much the samr happened to us.

We have now rented the house which probably seems the wise thing to do with the exchange rate, rental prices going up and the house market flat.

hoping to give it 2 years and see how the market is, like you say everything happens for a reason.

Good luck with the rest of the move.

Well well well.

This dream of ours is nearly 3 years in the making and its still not finished.

Took voluntry redundancy on Wednesday as it was a good package and although we knew it was a risk thought it was worth the gamble. Today 2 days before the revised exchange date our buyers have pulled out as in there words "the would be to financally streched".

Funny thing is i am sitting here typing this with a smile :huh:

Have decided to rent the house out. Does not leave us with a fortune too come out with but its managable and will save ourselves 6k in early repayment morgage fees which would not be the case in March.

Everything happens for a reason, you just dont know those reasons at the time.

Have a good weekend everyone !!!!!!!!!

Chris & Selina

sorry to hear this. i have been on phone to estate agent this arvo and buyers for our house still not got a solicitor 2 wks on its bloody frustrating...

Just reading your post, and me and my hubby were just reminiscing about all the ups and downs we went through to get here - it seemed that everything we did -went completely wrong...it was like doing an assault course everyday...........Its what makes it all worth while when you get here!

Onwards and upwards! Like you, we never lost our positivitey. It will all work out for you and I believe everything happens for a reason.

Good luck for the next part of your adventure ride.

Sarahx

Guest Nick11

Reason 456 for leaving the u.k...the crappy system of buying/selling property!!! So much easier over here.

Everything is done for a reason...and with your glass half full approach to life..you will be fine

Enjoy the adventure

x

Sorry to hear that but love the attitude.

Do you think they tried the 'it'll stretch us too much' line hoping you'd drop the price?

There's voluntary redundancy coming up at our place soon and I'm trying to persuade my bosses I ain't 'business critical' and to let me go around March or June next year - don't want a lot do I 

Guest moviemummy

So sorry to hear about the buyer but your outlook on this is amazing. Things do happen for a reason. Keep the faith and stay smiling. Every house has a buyer, they just weren't yours.

What is the sayin 'Keep calm and carry on'. I know at times it's a struggle but after 3 long years you are good at it, like us and more than a few others here!

Laura x