• Page 126 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
    Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1658
    Like Tree825Likes

Thread: State Sponsorship tracker again!

Title
      Liked
      71 times
      Rep
      Case Officer assigned today woop :-)
      IrishStew and sksmith like this.

Title
      Retired Member
      Liked
      69 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by TheEdwardsFamily View Post
      Hi everyone,
      Just wanted to introduce ourselves and add to the tracker.
      We originally applied for a family sponsored 176 in Nov 09, since then we have been moved around every group and category the diac could think of!
      Anyway the wifes job recently appeared on the SA and WA SMP, SA was always a choice along with Townsville Qld( where my family are), so we applied for SA sponsorship 21st oct, documents received 4th nov and now waiting fingers crossed.
      Am I right in thinking we could have State Sponsorship before Xmas? And then about a month or so later a case officer? And then it's only taking a couple if months to get a grant?
      Hi, you are one of those whose visa struggle I was observing for over two years in terror :/ DIAC moving goalposts, making regulations that worked backwards, etc. Currently with State Sponsorship , visa proccessing goes soooooooo smooth, that most people can't appreciate it, complaining about additional DAYS of wait. Quite recently it was about 6 months for State Sponsored applicants, a year or 1,5 for 175 and about 3 years for other categories (providing everything went smooth!). And you never knew whether you are still elligible, cos you may have lost points, SOL changed etc.
      I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Once you get state sponsored you are safe. It seems the situation is stable now and hopefully first changes DIAC makes will be in July 2012.
      Last edited by Guest8609; 15-11-2011 at 11:34 AM.
      IrishStew and sksmith like this.

Title
      Liked
      148 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris_J View Post
      Case Officer assigned today woop :-)
      Great news Chris - one wee step closer. Its been a bit quiet so great to see you progressing.

I must say I agree with Lenore, we all complain and get worked up over a few days delay. Much smoother than the nightmare delays that used to the norm.

IrishStew (OH)
      Chris_J likes this.

TheEdwardsFamily
      Hi guys

Thanks for the replys. I can't believe how quickly things can progress now, still expecting something to crop up to throw another spanner in the wheel! We was going to front load our meds and police checks but we are going to wait till we get a case officer and they ask for them, a bit pessimistic I know but we still don't believe it could all go so smoothly.

TheEdwardsFamily
      Hi guys

Thanks for the replys. I can't believe how quickly things can progress now, still expecting something to crop up to throw another spanner in the wheel! We was going to front load our meds and police checks but we are going to wait till we get a case officer and they ask for them, a bit pessimistic I know but we still don't believe it could all go so smoothly.

manykids!
      Hi congrats to all who have had good news recently! We are progressing nicely now and the good news is we now we have a case officer yippee!!!

Just wondered if anyone could recomend a good panel doctor in the south, we live in Southampton so anywhere in Hampshire (Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Newbury etc area would be ok, We are looking for a nice friendly doctor who can cope with 4 children, dad and a nervous mum!!!

sksmith likes this.

Title
      Liked
      148 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by manykids! View Post
      Hi congrats to all who have had good news recently! We are progressing nicely now and the good news is we now we have a case officer yippee!!!

Hi Manykids, that's good news. Waiting re 176 is not as bad as the agony of waiting for SS!!!!

All the best for your meds. I found the below informative (we go for our meds on Friday.)

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/pane.../instructions/
      there is a PDF called Instructions for medical and radiological examination of Australian visa applicants the info AFTER page 28 is informative.

IrishStew(OH)

Title
      Retired Member
      Liked
      69 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by IrishStew View Post
      Hi Manykids, that's good news. Waiting re 176 is not as bad as the agony of waiting for SS!!!!

IrishStew(OH)
      I totally agree! If you have all docs ready for 176 then you're fine. With SS you never know and many people can't apply for a visa without it.

manykids!
      Thanks for the link IrishStew and good luck on Friday with your medicals - fingers crossed!

Let us know how you get on :)

Title
      Liked
      13 times
      Rep
      I got my SA SS Approved this morning :) Very relieved and relaxed at the moment. Will start working on the 176 application.
      newbietoaus likes this.
      IELTS done L 8 R 7.5 W 8 S 8 | Positive assessment 10/12 | SA SS online 10/19 | SA DOCS RECVD 11/02 | SS Approved 11/18 | PCC & Medicals requested 12/05 | Visa Granted 02/01

•