Yey congrat's irish stew!!!!
Yey congrat's irish stew!!!!
| || |
I have no idea what should i do not. System Analyst is what i have applied. I guess i have 3 option
1. Wait for the next round and hope it re-open;
2. re-assess for my skill to something that have high availability; Thinking System Test Engineer which i saw in the SA website.
3. Re-take my IELTS. Currently, average is 6.5 only. If i get 7, i may able to apply for 175 visa. But i took 3 times ielts and still can't score 7 for all. I am not a Native of English, so my English is not that good.
Congrats IrishStew, great news!
As for you Winson... sorry about your SS.
Do you have 3 years of experience?
If you do, then I suggest re-taking IELTS, scoring 7 in each part of the exam and applying for Victoria SS. It is worth a shot.
1. Wait for next program year; However, you should think about change of SSML and requirements. They might enhance English requirement like a 6.5 or 7 point in each band.
2. Apply for reviewing your skills assessment; If you think there is a possiblity to get the positive result as a System Test Engineer, I think it's the best way for you because review application doesn't need a long term until you get the result. In my case, it took just three weeks. I think availability of System Test Engineer would not go "low availability" in next several months.
3. Getting higher the IELTS score; you probably know that it's the hardest way of the options..
Last edited by hglim94; 29-11-2011 at 02:07 PM.
IrishStew - CONGRATULATIONS !!!
I know the feeling - we also started trying for a visa about 3 years ago, and after July 2012 there will be no chance for us.
To those who got their visas - I agree, we do need a 'waiting room' thread, because it's rather the beginning not the end! So much to think over, plan, do before leaving for Oz...
Congratulations Irish Stew! Fantastic news - i'm sure your family will be pleased for you - it's a fantastic opportunity and free accommodation for them in Oz for holidays!!
Has anyone waiting to hear about Analyst Programmer heard anything? My husband's SS application was acknowledged as lodged 3 weeks ago now and i know there are other AP applicants in the forum who submitted before us. I hope we hear soon - i reckon they definately do the occupations in batches.
Winson, sorry to hear your news - the same thing happened to my occupation so i know how you feel! If you get your skills assessment done again you'll have to pay for a new assessment and it could take up to 3 months or more if the ACS - we found them to take ages. Having said that, you may get it back quicker as a previous applicant. Good luck and don't give up!
Petal - We're waiting on Analyst Programmer too. Docs received 27 October, but still no news. Hopefully it won't be too long now.
Winson - we also had our occupation go to special conditions, but we applied to ACS for a reassessment under another occupation and we got our new assessment through really fast - 2 weeks. Other people have also found ACS to be fast recently, including for initial assessments. 2-3 weeks is not unusual. So it could definitely be worth a try.
Congrats Irish, bet you're over the moon at the moment. As for telling people, I can't really offer any advice as we have been up front about our intentions from the beginning and all have been supportive and agree we should go. I was on a bonus at work, as I am being made redundant so didn't have to worry on that front either. However, I start a new job in January......
Lodged my 176 application today 11/30/2011
IELTS done L 8 R 7.5 W 8 S 8 | Positive assessment 10/12 | SA SS online 10/19 | SA DOCS RECVD 11/02 | SS Approved 11/18 | PCC & Medicals requested 12/05 | Visa Granted 02/01
IELTS:L:7.5 R:7 W:7 S:7.5 OB:7.5. ACS-sent 7/Dec/10 Computer Network & Systems Engineer (263111) +ve received 19/May/11. SA SS sent 16/July/11 Recieved 19/July/11 Approved: 8/Aug/11. 176 Lodged 23/Aug/11 CO: 9/Sept/11 PCC: Sept/11 Meds: Apr/2012 Grant: Sept/11 Landed: 18/11/12 and got IT job within 10days, first application. Enjoying every bit of Adelaide....