Could you pass the test?

snifter

Found this article on News.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/national/new-aussie-citizens-test-too-hard/story-e6frfkvr-1226103082543

About the Aussie citizenship test and calls to scrap it.

Anyways, at the end is a link to a PDF test. I decided to have a go at it. And wooo, I passed (without cheating) :wink:. OK, a few were guesses, but common sense helps. But many I did actually know the answer to or could figure out pretty easily.

Anyone else going to have a go at it and let us know how they got on?

Link to PDF directly

There are reasons why people fail, I'd say the first and foremost is that English is not their first language. Other reasons are they don't read the question properly and they stumble on the trickier questions like how many national flags and the government and equality /rights questions. Other than that most people pass. Took me 2 minutes to pass at 100%:tongue:, but then I've no excuse not to really....even did Australian Studies back in year 10 when it was compulsory at my school.:arghh:

Been here since Nov last yr and never been to Australia before. I passed and thats a miracle. Reading the questions though it may be difficult for some people to understand freedom of speech and how a fair election works as they may come from a country that does not have this and equality for all.

Thats made my day that i have passed, sad i know but little things and all that :biggrin:

Guest loopylisa

Ouch! I got one wrong- the one about states and constitutions- oopsies! :eek:. Doesnt matter anyway cus I already got my citizenship! moihahahahaha

Guest guest3462

I got 2 wrong. I don't understand what most of those questions have to do with being an Australian citizen. I thought it would have been more like general knowledge of Australia, its wildlife and fauna and great history rather than politics and law.

you can only pass whats put in front of you.......different now but when i Did..20/20 for me .......if i didnt my son would have ribbed till I died..lol!!

My advice is to do asap, you never know when things change here!!

I got 2 wrong. I don't understand what most of those questions have to do with being an Australian citizen. I thought it would have been more like general knowledge of Australia, its wildlife and fauna and great history rather than politics and law.
politics and law is to do with the understanding of the constitution . The way the country is governed and run. When i done mine it also involved the historical political and legal points. Has it changed?