RSMS Visa

cribber

Guest theshearers
Hey Vicki,

Sorry to jumpon your thread but was interested to see you're trying the RSMS route.

I'm trying the same!!!!! Early days yet thou.

Would really like to hear how you get on with that route, perhaps compare notes.

Good luck.

Paul.

Hi Paul

I am glad someone else is also trying this route as I don't really know anyone else who is.

The reason we are going for RSMS is that our agent told us Steves occupation (Electronics Engineer) was on the MODL so we filled in all the paperwork and only when they were about to lodge it did they realise it wasn't actually on the MODL so we were somewhat scuppered!!

However on visiting our agent she has advised us to go down the RSMS and if not go for SIR. So its all a bit of a muddle at the moment.

I hope your application is successful and it will be good to hear how its all going along. What line of work are you in, by the way???

I look forward to hearing how its all going and I will keep you posted on our progress!!

Vicki

Guest theshearers

RSMS is Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme, which is basically where you are sponsored by an employer. You have to work for them for two years though, but it is a PR visa.

Hey Vicki,

So how far through the process are you?

We haven't filled in a single form yet!!! I'm just emailing a few prospective employers to see if they are interested in sponsoring me.

Just been put in contact with a recruitment agent in Melbourne via a friend of a friend. Hoping that it give us a few options.

Paul.

• 1 month later...
Guest swampo

Hi folks, just joined up to Poms in Adelaide. My husband is going in under the RSMS route. He has been offered, and accepted a job in Adelaide and we are now waiting for the 'visa label' from his employers so that we can proceed with our application from this end.

We have been told by the employer that it will take about 11 weeks to get this from Oz so that we can proceed this end. From there they have advised us that visa application will take approx another 9 months. Rading other folks experiences this seems about right.

Because we are doing the RSMS route we will probably use a migration agent, just in case there are complications but hopefully this will speed things up a little as I am the worlds worse with paperwork (even though I am a teacher!)

The best part is that if all goes well we will get a permenant visa rather than a temporary one. That will entitle us to health care and enable us to buy property without getting permission for that as well.

If anyone has any news or advice on this MSRS route we would be very pleased to hear about it.

I guess this must be the visa we came here under then.

My hubby joined the RAAF, they applied to DIMIA to allow them to employ from overseas, they had to prove that aussies weren't applying for the jobs, they paid for our removals, flights and hotel stops.

The only disadvantage was, we didn't have a choice on where we moved to or lived, we still don't but that's military life the world over.