help - can I apply for a visa with an IVA

Guest timja

Guest timja

Hi i have recently been offered a job out in South Australia and am hoping to apply for an employee sponsored permanent residents visa. My concern is that i have encountered a bit of a hard time a few years ago when i was unemployed and found myself entering into an IVA to consolidate my debts. I have had no problems sticking to the IVA and have a couple of years left which i obviously plan to continue paying but i am really worried this will go against me and my family when i apply for the visa.

Has anyone had an issues regarding IVA's and getting a visa in the past. Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Hi there

No part of applying for an employer-sponsored skilled visa for Oz involves any consideration of the solvency of the applicant in his/her country of origin. The fact that you set up an IVA (which is NOT cheap to do, as you know) proves beyond doubt that you are of the utmost good character, so please don't worry about a thing.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Adelaide_bound

Ditto what Gill said (who always has great advice, but I know when you are posting you want as many responses as possible, so thought I would pipe up :) )