Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By Adelaide_bound
    • 1 Post By timja

Thread: help - can I apply for a visa with an IVA

help - can I apply for a visa with an IVA

Hi i have recently been offered a job out in South Australia and am hoping to apply for an employee sponsored permanent residents visa. My concern is that i have encountered a bit of a hard time a few years ago when i was unemployed and found myself entering into an IVA to consolidate my debts. I have had no problems sticking to the IVA and have a couple of years left which i obviously plan to continue paying but i am really worried this will go against me and my family when i apply for the visa.
      Has anyone had an issues regarding IVA's and getting a visa in the past. Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Southampton UK
      316 times
      Hi there

No part of applying for an employer-sponsored skilled visa for Oz involves any consideration of the solvency of the applicant in his/her country of origin. The fact that you set up an IVA (which is NOT cheap to do, as you know) proves beyond doubt that you are of the utmost good character, so please don't worry about a thing.

Felixstow, NE burb :) Heaven!
      588 times
      Ditto what Gill said (who always has great advice, but I know when you are posting you want as many responses as possible, so thought I would pipe up :) )
      Gollywobbler likes this.
      Our 33,000km ish trip around Oz - have a look here (also good for tips on equipment and holiday places ) Our moving and living here blog :)

phewww i was worried i still wont be happy till i have that stamp in my visa though lol, thank you!!!
      Gollywobbler likes this.