Just wondering about baggage allowance...

Karen_Jon

Guest pixie7

Hi Karen,

I know you can only use it once (obviously!) but I think if you state you dont want to use it for the validation you can keep it for the big move- I would try to get that in an email from the airlines though. Sure someone else who knows more will be along soon!

Goodluck

hi i emailed singapore airlines last week , and there reply was something like this . providing that on check in you have an uvalidated or unstamped visa you will be allowed the extra allowance. so i would take it on that you would lose that entitlement if you have validated. but it wouldnt do any harm in asking..

Guest loopylisa

I have an aussie passport gained when I was a child so will be travelling on that and so dont qualify for increased baggage allowance. However, I rang singapore airlines and they increased it by 5 kg. I know that this is not much but it helps. I got this by phoning them and explaining the situation

When I worked at the University in the UK lots of students used to use this company to send there bags backwards and forwards...

http://www.excess-baggage.com/

I believe some of the members on here have used them as well.

Its a good idea if you want some extra stuff while you wait for the container.

I would say its always best to email the airline you are using to get a written reply to any questions you have.

Rob and Mel