Processing update

Guest everhopeful

Guest everhopeful

I received a new update today post Christmas. Don't get too excited though as the date has only moved to 31st January for all paper visas types lodged before 1st September.

However, as I am stuck within the $100,000 bond dilema I am pleased to see that this has moved and case officers are still be allocated for all cases. I was told these claims are being stockpiled until a decision is reached, but at least I might get a case officer to tell me the bad news!

We are now looking for alternatives just in case. Has anyone been sponsored by an employer or even contacted an employer to enquire. All the vacancies we have looked at say visa required so I don't know how you would go about it. Any ideas?

Jo

Guest everhopeful

In reply

Simon, my husband is the skilled one of the two of us, as a drug and alcohol counsellor worth 50 points, working in Medway! We applied for a 138 visa and are five points short if the bond doesnt go through. We could apply for a temporary visa but there are issues which mean I would rather not if possible so we really need an employer to sponsor us if possible. Tony has some contacts at work that are looking into it for us but any other info would be great.

Liz, I contacted the DIAC myself. All my agent would tell me was they didn't know and neither did the government and they would tell me as soon as they knew, but as they didn't tell me about the AOS or the bonds going I didn't have much faith. So as I have free inclusive calls I phoned and spoke to someone at DIAC who confirmed that a decision hadn't yet been made, but would be soon, hopefully before a case officer was allocated. I then asked what was happening to the cases that they came across before the decision was made and she confirmed that they were being "stockpiled" until the decision. So as the date is moving forward at least case officers are still being allocated, there must be others like us in the last few thousand claims last week. At least reading the update it looks as if they will give us our money back if they decide its not now valid!

Jo

Dear Jo,

SHould be an interesting wait! Our agent told us that the applications would be seen as valid regardless of the bonus points because validity checking has more to do with you applying for the appropriate visa and making sure your paperwork was in. I'ts so hard not knowing! We are also 5 points short as both my husband & I are private drama tutors/directors. We have to go in under me because VETASSESS requires a full university degree for this position and will not accept apprenticeship and non-university drama schools. The irony is that he will be the one working full-time in the field when we get there and has had a job offer because of his international reputation but it doesn't count on our application. UGH!!! Never mind - we remain like you - ever hopeful.

Liz

Hi Jo,

first of all I am shocked to find that Medway needs a drug and alcohol counsellor, its such a nice place:confused:.

As you have an agent i'm sure you have done the IELTS English test, for the extra 10 points , can your skills be assessed? a lot of work but five points.

I will give it some more thought.

Simon

Guest everhopeful

The visa we applied for was pre the english test and even taking this on the new system doesnt give us enough points for a permenant visa. Unfortunately, I worked for the goverment for 20 years so don't have any skills to assess!