House not selling

sharons dream

Just thought I would do a little update. Not been on here for sometime. Well as you know we was granted our visa back in may. At the time we were excited yet a little scared but were wanted to get on our way as soon as possible. Our house went on the market in June and that's it our story. We are no further along now then back in may our hands are tied. We have got to sell our house to do the move. We have now got to consider a reccie to go over and validate our visa something we didn't want to have to do. I know there is a lot of us in the same boat tonight. But I'm feeling so frustrated I just needed to write it down.

Good luck everyone x

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jennet

I've taken a different route to sell my house i got the information from the australian magazine that i buy, it caught my eye when i saw people getting in the red through emigrating, some interesting stories but mainly people emigrating and still having a mortgage in England to still pay and try to live a new life in OZ. I e - mailed the number and got a reply and it went from there it seemed strange to start with as it was all so quick, but has houses prices have dropped and people struggling to get mortgages i didn't want the stress of being held here and my house not selling. if you want any info let me know. they are also helping me get on the property market in OZ.

Guest Kat+Rocco

We are feeling just the same Sharon....I have a job waiting for me, visa will be sorted in a matter of weeks and our house has still not sold....I know that as soon as the visa is through the hospital will want me over there to start work straight away and it's got us so

stressed and worried that I'll loose my job:sad:

it is a frustrating position to be in as we have visas and we are still not in control of our lives , we are lucky and have accepted an offer on our house, but contracts still to be signed so yet again life on hold. sharon we also have to sell to be able to make the move so your not alone it does feel like that sometimes this is where pia helps, there are a lot of us in the same position WE WILL GET THERE!!!!!

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi Sharon

We have been in the same boat (waiting for 3 years to sell up).

Here's what we did. I worked out the lowest price that we would accept on the property and then advertised it for offers over that price. We accepted an offer for 5g over after 1 week and we had loads of interest. We have a 1st time buyer and he wants to buy all our furniture on top.

Try it. Anything at the moment is worth it. You only need a couple of people interested.

Hope this helps

Jane x

Good luck Sharon - its so frustrating when you have the Visas and all that stands in the way is a blooming house. We are in the same boat but now, thankfully, have a buyer. Got our Visa in june and the house went on sale at the beginning of June.

Just looking forward to the day when we can ring the shippers and book our flight. THE TIME WILL COME for all of us even if the acgtual timescale varies. Glad we didn't complete a few weeks ago - have you seen the $ rate today!!!! Just pray it keeps rising (or at least doesn't fall back too much again)

Guest guest7008

Hi, we are in the same position - house been on market since March, got our Visa 4th July and now just sitting kicking our heels waiting for that all elusive buyer to come along!! Its incredibly frustrating to say the least - we live in a seaside town by the New Forest and we get lots of timewasters - people on holiday - on rainy days they spend the day wasting people's time and viewing houses!! Would really like the win the lottery so I can say sod it and catch that plane!! lol....gotta keep the faith tho...that buyer will appear when I least expecting it!!

Guest purplerdt77

Hi we are in the same position we got our visas in July and then put the house on one week later, it has been on the market only 2 weeks but we feel like we can see the finishing post but are still at the start of the race. We have to sell our house too so that we will have money to come with, heres hoping that we can all sell soon before the next recession hits.

Guest jlr248

Hi Jennet, Your post has intigued me to say the least. We are also trying to sell our home back in Uk and are considering renting it out instead just so we can get over to Oz. Would love to know a bit more about this "different route". Hope you will share your info. Regards Jane

Guest bidsandrew

Hi all, we are in the same position - as so many of us are! Our house has been on the market for 3 weeks and not one viewing yet! We just want to be able to say we are going but have to sell the house before we can do anything. Jennet, I would love to know what the different route is too?? We could drop our price slightly more but as all our money is in our equity and we have lost money already since buying the house we cant really afford to go much lower.

Good luck to us all!!!

Guest Jennet

Hi everyone, I will be contacting trish next week about what help she can offer and i will post some info once i have spoken to her, it is not good when ties keep you from moving on with a new life it becomes very stressful so good luck to you all!!:smile: keep in touch and i hopefully can be of help for you all

Guest nic-manchester

Hi not been on here for ages either , thank god we not only ones in same position house up for 3months not one viewing, although fingers crossed we have just got an agreement for us to let it out an take a chunk of our equity out and now it is going up for rent from 1st October and goods being shipped same week, hoping to book flights for 6th November just waiting to make sure it def going to go through then we can organise everything, I think it is all going to come really fast!!!! And I am going to have loads to do...

We are hopefull that we will have enough money to sort us out for six months while we find jobs settle kids in school, and still have money for deposit, when we settle in area for us.

I hope the house Market in uk pics up and all of you on here can live your dream there's nothing like waiting!

Guest Kat+Rocco
I hope the house Market in uk pics up and all of you on here can live your dream there's nothing like waiting!

I agree Nic the waiting is the worst thing....feeling like our life is just in limbo until we sell the house. Good idea to rent out wish we could but our mortgage lender won't allow us and can't remortgage as my husband has recently been made redundant:nah: hopefully we are going to try put the house up for auction next week to try and grab a quick sale....we are never going to make any money within the current Market so just trying to sell it ASAP. It's so sad cos we loved our house and now we Hate it cos it's the one thing that is stopping us going to Oz!!

Hope everything goes according to plan for you and hopefully we'll be getting flights booked for around the same time...fingers crossed.

Kelly

Guest nic-manchester
I agree Nic the waiting is the worst thing....feeling like our life is just in limbo until we sell the house. Good idea to rent out wish we could but our mortgage lender won't allow us and can't remortgage as my husband has recently been made redundant:nah: hopefully we are going to try put the house up for auction next week to try and grab a quick sale....we are never going to make any money within the current Market so just trying to sell it ASAP. It's so sad cos we loved our house and now we Hate it cos it's the one thing that is stopping us going to Oz!!

Hope everything goes according to plan for you and hopefully we'll be getting flights booked for around the same time...fingers crossed.

Kelly

Thais for your reply, we love our house too very fortunate that we are able to rent it out bet there are quite a few who with the down turn in Market an house prices falling who are not in position to. It was last option as we did not want to necessarily leave here with ties as it's too easy to come back if things don't go to plan. Fingers crossed everything works out for you an your family plane here we come got loads to do sometimes don' know where to start

we have bit of progress on house sale ,buyers soloicitors have been in touch with 3 questions on sale all answered so fingers crossed they get a move on now ,no reason as they shouldnt be able to as no chain involved . started selling bits of furniture we are not taking house and garden looking empty.

Guest Jane & Tony
we have bit of progress on house sale ,buyers soloicitors have been in touch with 3 questions on sale all answered so fingers crossed they get a move on now ,no reason as they shouldnt be able to as no chain involved . started selling bits of furniture we are not taking house and garden looking empty.

We are lucky, the young lad buying our house want's ALL of the contents including plates,cups etc (for an extra charge of course). Saves us messing about selling it or chucking it. It's the best de-clutering excersise EVER. I've got rid of stuff that's been hanging about for years and the British Heart Foundation should put me forward for an MBE (how many books!!)

Jane xx

Guest Jane & Tony

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there 'cause I'm a bit excited. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

Working through the larder, cleaning and bathroom (toiletries) cupboards now having done all the serious decluttering.

Been waiting to exchange for over a month but still no idea of dates. Just longing for the day when we can finally book the shippers and our flights to Adelaide!

Guest Jane & Tony
Working through the larder, cleaning and bathroom (toiletries) cupboards now having done all the serious decluttering.

Been waiting to exchange for over a month but still no idea of dates. Just longing for the day when we can finally book the shippers and our flights to Adelaide!

I know what you mean! Our buyer agreed to exchange on October 18th now he has changed his mind so won't know 'till later this week

Guest Rachael Reeve

I know how you all feel. We got our visa in April and the house has been up since then, only one lot of people have been round. We have dropped it down to its lowest ( what we payed for it ). What esle can you do. We do not want to rent it out, it would cost to much and people have not got the money. ( things are to hard a min for everyone ) There must be someone out there who wants to buy my house! Good luck to you all that are trying to sell!