Validation of visa

Guest Sharon and Paul

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi everyone yep its me again,

Please can anyone let me know once a visa has been issued how long you have before you have to step foot in Australia/vias expiry? I was hoping that once the visa was issued I could sale the house and come on over after everything was settled. Its just some people seem to be coming over for a short trip before actually emmigrating.

Thanks Sharon

hiya, you have to validate your visa (ie, go to Oz for good or on short trip to go through ozzie customs) within a year of your medicals or police check, whichever was done first, Ie if you had medicals done first on 1st May 2007, you have to validate by 1st May 2008.

HTH

Guest graandjac

;)Hi Guys , when you get the sticker (visa ) it has a date on it as to when you must enter by , and agreed with tracy its 1 year from the meds or police checks which ever was done first, Cheers Graham

Guest jamesholmes_@hotmail.com

Hi Guys, We had our Passports back today with our Visas in and are on a one way plane on Saturday 26th Jan arriving in Adelaide on the 28th. How do we get our Visas stamped/activated. Do they do this on arrival at customs at the airport or do we have to go to a government office or somat when we are there?

Thanks for any help on this

When we arrived 3 years ago at Brisbane airport (I'm presuming all aussie airports have the same process but could be wrong) there were two queues, one for aussie passport holders and one for non- aussie passport holders, naturally we joined the non-aussie queue, when we reached the front of the queue, our passports and visa's were bio-scanned (is that the correct term?) and our passports stamped with a stamp that says IMMIGRATION AUSTRALIA, ARRIVED 25 NOV 2004, BRISBANE AIRPORT. We then proceeded to baggage collection, and exited to where people were meeting us, then drove away to start our new life down under.

Oops, forgot to say....

Visa says on it.....

must innitial entry by 28 July 2005

granted 20 Sept 2004. Must not arrive after 20 Sept 2009. Multiplr travel.

Holder permitted to stay remain Australia indefinitely.

yes you would think the'd roll out the red carpet and get the music and the bubbles going after what they've put us all through?!?!?!?

nope, you are just one amongst thousands :goofy: