South Australia State Sponsorship question, please help

Guest sksmith

Guest sksmith

(176Hi I'm new to the forum and hoping that you can help me out with my question.

My husband got a positive skills assessment today from ACS for Systems Administrator. :smile:I am awaiting my skills assessment from VETASSESS for Program/Project Administrator. My question is should I go ahead and apply for SS (176 Visa) under his name and put myself (and 2 children) as dependants?

I am assuming that he will be awarded 5 extra points by DIAC if my assessment comes through as positive down the road as I don't see a section on the South Australia SS application to include my skills if my husband is the primary applicant.

Any advice would be most appreciated, don't want to delay the process any further.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Guest ozdreamsa

Check SA site for ur husband's profession if it is still available.

Point test wiil be for DIAC not SA SA.

Apply asap, send docs to SA with the quickest way. Looks like this is a good time. Most of us got SA SS within 2/3 weeks.

Ask anything that need clarification, we will try to help

Guest eclare

Ozdreamsa is correct, get your state sponsorship in unde ryou husband and if you get a positive skills assesment you can cliamthe extra 5 points when you apply for the 176. I'm also Project/Programme Administrator...I'm a purchasing manager, I guess it could cover a range of professions! Good luck.

Guest sksmith
Ozdreamsa is correct, get your state sponsorship in unde ryou husband and if you get a positive skills assesment you can cliamthe extra 5 points when you apply for the 176. I'm also Project/Programme Administrator...I'm a purchasing manager, I guess it could cover a range of professions! Good luck.

Thank you Ozdremsa and eclare, yes his profession (Systems Admin) is on the interim list so I will take your advice and apply tonight! Although we're still waiting for his official paper work to arrive, it will definitely get there within the month. Fingers crossed that I get my positive assessment as well down the road. That's very encourgaging to hear about the current SS timing.

Best wishes to you both.

Guest ozdreamsa

There was a time when some occupation were on High demand and suddenly it went to a saturated status, so it is better idea to apply soon. I am glad to hear that you will apply tonight. Best of luck.

Guest sksmith
There was a time when some occupation were on High demand and suddenly it went to a saturated status, so it is better idea to apply soon. I am glad to hear that you will apply tonight. Best of luck.

Thanks Ozdreamsa - We applied last night. We received a PDF document of the ACS approval letter, do you think we can print that and send or wait for the official letter to arrive and make a copy of it. Any advice? If we wait, could delay by a week or more... My husband will turn 40 next May, so we want to speed the process up.

Guest Big Bob
Thanks Ozdreamsa - We applied last night. We received a PDF document of the ACS approval letter, do you think we can print that and send or wait for the official letter to arrive and make a copy of it. Any advice? If we wait, could delay by a week or more... My husband will turn 40 next May, so we want to speed the process up.

I already gave you answer question as you asked same question in new thread.:wink: Just file your sponsorship asap. All the best : )

Guest touseef

sksmith, i am in the same boat.

got positive reply for system admin from ACS. and now applying online for SS 176. Need help with Section F: Commitment to South Australia. can you help? can i see yours as a sample?

Thanks

Guest sksmith
sksmith, i am in the same boat.

got positive reply for system admin from ACS. and now applying online for SS 176. Need help with Section F: Commitment to South Australia. can you help? can i see yours as a sample?

Thanks

Hi Touseef:

My husband hasn't been assessed successfully yet as they should only be receiving our documents today, but we used the following categories to give you an idea:

• Commitment to South Australia in general (what we like about it and our intentions to stay)
  • Economy/Employment
  • Lifestyle/Housing (including Climate)
  • Education/Schools
  • Cultural Diversity

You also need to list some companies in your field. (Microsoft and HP are a few that we found.)

Hope this helps and best of luck. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Kind regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sksmith,

Can you or anyone here please clear a confusion. In the Commitment to SA section 12.1.2 where it asks about the research on job opportunities, do we need to include our answers in the reasons for migration (online application) or should we attach a seperate sheet of paper? I am confused about the later as the requirements page advises against doing so.

Any feedback or help shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Saqib

Guest Adelaide_bound
Hi sksmith,

Can you or anyone here please clear a confusion. In the Commitment to SA section 12.1.2 where it asks about the research on job opportunities, do we need to include our answers in the reasons for migration (online application) or should we attach a seperate sheet of paper? I am confused about the later as the requirements page advises against doing so.

Any feedback or help shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Saqib

You fill in the boxes (if you click on the 'more' button, you will get up to 4 more boxes - you can put up to 200 words in each box) on the application form with your reasons for wanting to move to SA, including your job research, any websites etc they just want to see you have done some, so you don't need 2000 words on the research you have done - just a brief outline (eg online searchs, talking to collegues in industry already in the country, reading national specific press, and so on).

You fill in the boxes (if you click on the 'more' button, you will get up to 4 more boxes - you can put up to 200 words in each box) on the application form with your reasons for wanting to move to SA, including your job research, any websites etc they just want to see you have done some, so you don't need 2000 words on the research you have done - just a brief outline (eg online searchs, talking to collegues in industry already in the country, reading national specific press, and so on).

Thanks a lot Adelaide_bound for the info.

• 1 year later...
Guest nazanin5879

hi dear

im going to apply for state sponser ship for SA

and i need help in commitment letter

how should i write it

what items should include in it

do you have a sample commitment letter to send for me

Guest bubbe2005
hi dear

how should i write it

carry out your own research of SA and jot down reasons of wanting to move there than any other state.

research research research!!

Guest Adelaide_bound
hi dear

how should i write it

There isn't any set way you should write it - just imagine you are talking to a friend or family member about why you want to move to SA and write that down.

You should include things as listed above, job/work opportunities & research, life style, areas, housing - anything really that are the reasons you want to move to SA - no-one can really do this for you, or give you an example really, as its a very personal thing. Why don't you try to pop up your reasons on here if you want, I'm sure they are fab, and we can give you the reassurance you might want.

SA immi aren't looking for a set format, just proof that you do actually want to move to SA, and can show this by showing you have looked into it, rather than you are just going to SA SS because they are the only state that will sponsor you and you are so desperate for a visa you will get the SS, but possibly then not actually move there.