All you need to take with you are the old passport (with visa in ) and the new passport. At The DIAC first go to the counter to the right, explain that you want to tranfer the visa and they will give you a ticket with a number on (like the ones you get at the deli section at the supermarket). At the opposite end of the room there are around 12 counters that deal with visa issues. Just wait until your number is called directing you to the appropriate counter, as easy as that, and it's free.