Relationship Details - List or Story format?

Misplaced

OOh that's new to me - i knew there was an option but didn't know there was a time limit thought it was just up to the CO. Just one last question did you put in about any health problems as I've had a one or two to put it mildly!! I don't want it to scupper them granting a visa for my wife a i have controlled health problems.

Everyone has to apply for a partner visa regardless on how long they've been together, but the difference is if you've been together for 5 years or more (or maybe 3) then the partner can be granted a permanent visa as opposed to a temporary 2 year visa that leads to permanent residency if you haven't.

OOh that's new to me - i knew there was an option but didn't know there was a time limit thought it was just up to the CO. Just one last question did you put in about any health problems as I've had a one or two to put it mildly!! I don't want it to scupper them granting a visa for my wife a i have controlled health problems.

I think they're more worried about your partners health over yours. It's better to be honest, and as you already have PR it shouldn't affect anything.

Guest BackToAdelaide
Hi all, Just a quick question for all those that have completed a Partner Visa Application :- For the letter about your Relationship did you do it in letter/story format or just list all the events in your relationship e.g. first met, engaged, married, children born etc.? Cheers

Hi we submitted one each. Mine was a full A4 typed page, his was a bit less. I tend to think in bullet points so I started mine off that way then blended them into a story. You can't embelish too much but I wanted it to sound as natural and genuine as possible so it was more than just a list of dates/facts. And his visa was granted a couple of weeks ago so it must have been the right approach :)

Guest BackToAdelaide
Everyone has to apply for a partner visa regardless on how long they've been together, but the difference is if you've been together for 5 years or more (or maybe 3) then the partner can be granted a permanent visa as opposed to a temporary 2 year visa that leads to permanent residency if you haven't.

Yes it's 3 now

Guest Guest8609

I'm writing mine (although for 176 visa) and try to stick to do chronological order as well as to the points like: when and how we met, our relations with his and my family, free time (eg travels), finances, house chores, plans for the future, etc.

If it needs notarised maybe we'll make a joint statement instead of two separate. I'm still not sure whether I should have it notarised or not.

We chickened out of the Spouse Visa route in the end as they seemed to want so much evidence, they were almost asking for a home video to prove we had a "proper" marriage (or improper, I guess)!! And as for shared hobbies and interests... well, after 18 years of marriage and with two young kids, shared hobbies were a thing of the past: as he came in the door, I went out (to participate in MY hobbies) and as I got home from them, he went out (to do his)!!!

Guest Guest8609
We chickened out of the Spouse Visa route in the end as they seemed to want so much evidence, they were almost asking for a home video to prove we had a "proper" marriage (or improper, I guess)!! And as for shared hobbies and interests... well, after 18 years of marriage and with two young kids, shared hobbies were a thing of the past: as he came in the door, I went out (to participate in MY hobbies) and as I got home from them, he went out (to do his)!!!

Haha, I also said to my OH that maybe we should send them a photo of boob-grabbing or some similar activity :D