Police Clearance

Guest Alpen

Dear forum members, my first post here and I have one question.

Do you have to send the original hard copy of the police clearance certificate when requested by the case officer or can I scan the PCC and email it to co?

cause I just noticed the following in the email:

Police Certificates

Police clearance certificate for each applicant aged 16 years or over from every country where you have lived for a total of at least 12 months in the last 10 years. Please refer to the enclosed form Character requirements penal clearance certificates for further instructions. You must provide the original certificates.

so does it means that I should scan the original and email it not the copy or I have to send the Original hard copy to the department?

If any one had the same experience before please advice on what to do.

Guest ozdreamsa
We sent a certified copy and they requested the original document, so had to send that separately.

Hi Leigh, Did you do paper-based/ online application? Or, it does not matter which method you used for lodging visa, you have to send them the original copy of PCC?

Guest johnosmad

I uploaded all scans, still have all originals, this was for 2 x uk, 2 x german, 2 x german translations and 2 x Australian and had no problems, this was 176, online app and only about a month ago,

Hope this helps

Great help received from you members, I really appreciate it.

Another thing, if the case officer not happy with the scanned version of the PCC, will he ask for the originals when he receive my email with the PCC attached? or he will wait until the 28 days notification period pass?

In other words when he receive my email should he reply back that he got what he needs or not? cause I am waiting for his reply at the moment; and how long I should wait for the reply?