meds

diggerlcfc

I know im being a little impatient, but can anyone tell me how long medical results take to be processed and sent to DIACS, cant get any sense from my agent and quite frankly im sure they're not bothered.

Our meds were done about 3 weeks ago and weve not even heard from the medical centre to say they have been sent, just thought maybe someone could enlighten me a little

Thanks all Gary

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi Gary

When we did our meds they went straight to our agent, who then sent them online to the diac. From first contact with our agent to getting the call from him that we were successful with our visa (176 sponsored), took 9 months.

Don't know if this helps or not, keep ringing your agent on progress and also find out if they are applying online for your visa 'cause that's quicker.

Good Luck

Jane

Hi Jane, thanks for the reply, we have been at this since mid 2009 and it was all exciting to start with, then it becomes more frustrating, however im still grateful that we are lucky enough to still have a chance of getting there, as other that are applying nowadays are struggling because the Australian government don't make it easy to just get up and walk-in.

I have today tho just received confirmation that our med results are on the way to the Australian high commission in Sydney, so hopefully we will hear soon.

Actually Jane did your meds get sent to Sydney aswell, because my 176 visa app is for South Australia? just wondering..

Well take care for now

Gary

Hi there,

We were really quick from the meds stage.....Visa granted within 2 weeks of the meds being done, and we had a bank hol in between too like yourselves. I think I would be asking a few questions to your agent. Good luck with it all it'll come right in the end.

Regards

Allison

Had our meds done 16th May and they were sent to Sydney by the Clinic - got our Visas 3rd June! (couple of bank holidays too)

Our type of Visa was taking 18 - 20 months but we got it in 13!

CPV 143

Ack 3rd May, 2010

CO 1st April, 2011

Police 21st April

AoS Bond 28th April

Medicals 16th May

2nd VAC 25th May

VISA 3th June

House on the market 1st June

Accepted offer on house 30th June - a few hiccups but hope to

exchange next week and complete at the end of September.

Plan to be on our way to Adelaide by end of October.

Guest Jane & Tony
Hi Jane, thanks for the reply, we have been at this since mid 2009 and it was all exciting to start with, then it becomes more frustrating, however im still grateful that we are lucky enough to still have a chance of getting there, as other that are applying nowadays are struggling because the Australian government don't make it easy to just get up and walk-in.

I have today tho just received confirmation that our med results are on the way to the Australian high commission in Sydney, so hopefully we will hear soon.

Actually Jane did your meds get sent to Sydney aswell, because my 176 visa app is for South Australia? just wondering..

Well take care for now

Gary

Hi Gary

I 'think' all meds go to Sydney. I know ours did so don't worry about that. Believe me when I say that the visa is the easy part tho'. We are off in about 6 weeks and the sorting and arranging is worse so get started ASAP. Get your house cleared of as much as you can and stard deciding what you want to take. There is a very good webside called Adelaide Bound and that gives you a step by step list of what to do befor and after you get there. Make a loooonnnnngggg list of 'to do' things and try to make it as smooth as possilbe.

Do you have a house to sell? That was the worst thing for us as we had two and it's taken us nearly 3 years to eventually get them sold ( at a vast loss I might add).

Good Luck (your visas should be here soon, keep on to your agent)

Keep us informed

Jane