Non-migrating parental consent!

Guest phoebe27

Guest phoebe27

Hi all, my partner and our two children are coming to Adelaide on a permanent visa in april 2012 and we are just in the process of gathering all evidence required! My son, who will be 9 when we come over, is not my partners biological son. The visa requires Certified copies of documents to verify custody and access arrangements for children

under 18 years unless both parents of the child are included in the application

Certified copies of documents to verify custody and access arrangements for children

under 18 years unless both parents of the child are included in the application

the following:

'consent from non-migrating parents using 1229 for children to migrate permanently' and

'proof of custody'

can anyone help in how we obtain these, do we have to go through a solicitor?

i have full parental responsibility for my son who sees his biological father rarely, and the law in the UK states that any child born before December 2003 the absent parent has no parental responsibility. do i still need consent? any advice glady received :)

Guest katsmajic

We did the process 4yrs ago so may have changed since, but i had an absent ex with no contact, in fact banned from contact, but had to go to court to get PR granted to HG, i covered all options and tracked down my ex, sent him a completed Stat Dec that i wrote out specifying exactly what i wanted, him to consent to kids moving to oz, staying out of their lives, giving up PR, told him to take it to magistrates court, sign it and return it - which he did the same day!

My oldest kids were born in the 90's and the father had automatic PR.

Also with HG's son, HG has PR and his boy was born in 97.

You should try to get consent without confrontation etc, but if that fails its off to court....

Guest driscoll

Hi phoebe27, Sounds like we are in a similar boat.

Our agency have said that we need a Statutory Declaration sign by the farther and witnessed by a solicitor, the cost is around £5. The has been no mention of proof of custody, but shall phone the agency and update you.

Good luck x

Guest Cornish Pasties

Hi Phoebe,

We are just in the process of lodging a 175 skilled visa this week & driscoll above is quite correct - you just need a statutory declaration signed by the non resident parent with a photocopy of his passport in the presence of a solicitor. My ex husband did it for me last year & the migration agent said that it was fine. I didn't apply for full custody but my sons lives with me & just visits my ex hubby when we are up country.

Hope this helps & best of luck

Guest Cornish Pasties
So dose this mean that I do not need any form of proof of custody?

Thanks for your time.

Good luck x

Hi,

Our migration agent has certainly not mentioned a need for proof of custody (we are using John at immigation2Oz)

regards

Zoe