Bagage allowance singapore airlines

Guest wyles family

Guest wyles family

Hi, we have booked our flights for 25th oct with singapore airlines and we rang them today as we read here that you can get extra baggage allowance when you emigrate, they said this is not true!!!! Is this true then?? Are they wrong??? Has anyone took extra baggage??? Help as we have got loads to take with us.....we have a 176 visa.. Thanks

Hi, we have booked our flights for 25th oct with singapore airlines and we rang them today as we read here that you can get extra baggage allowance when you emigrate, they said this is not true!!!! Is this true then?? Are they wrong??? Has anyone took extra baggage??? Help as we have got loads to take with us.....we have a 176 visa.. Thanks

We filled in the online enquiry form (on website) and they emailed back today to say yes if on 175/6 and it hasnt been used you can get 40kg but have to take proof of visa on flight day- I would email/ring them again. I emailed so I can print there response out so if we have any problems at airport we can argue the point! Flight booked for Jan 8th! cant wait

Guest wyles family

hello, thanks we will ring back, good luck on the 15th you must be very excited and prob a bit nervous like us!! omg what area are you going to? x rachel

Well we fly on the 15th of sept and we got 40kg each ...... we are on a 175 ..... so long its your first flight with your visa you get it ...

I would ring them back and ask again or double check

good luck .

Hiya rachel , yes very excited but also scared ..... as time is getting near i keep thinking of all the goodbyes iam going to have to do next week ....

We have got a rental in brighton for 5 weeks then i havent a clue .. just wanted to have a look around when we get there !!!

Hope all goes well for you ... 25th of oct thats not long away , Where about are you going ???

carolyn x

Hi we flew with Singapore airlines,, last week!! we had a confirmation email from Singapore airlines, just confirming you could have extra baggage allowance on a 175/176 visa (permanent/not been validated). We just printed out all our confirmation emails to show when checking in!!

I would give them a ring explain what you guys are doing, there very helpful in manchester airport (not sure where you are flying from), we stayed over in singapore for 3 days, when we checked in again in changi airport, with our 7 suitcase's weight was 160kg all they wanted to look at was a confirmation letter (printed out email) , and all was good... we also had our visas stickers put in our passports as extra proof of visa.. (this only took less than a week, its free ..just need to send it to australian embassy in London). Good luck guys !!!

Guest wyles family

hi, thanks for that, how are you liking it so far then? where are you staying? we are staying in sinapore for 16 hours and wondered if you know of any hotels other than the airport that is cheaper to get our heads down??? we are going to look around living in brighton, henley grange glenelg area... will look when we get there... RACHEL X