Flights booked!

Guest pixie7

That's great news Helen! We are hoping to fly out end Nov/Dec, after deciding on a few more things! What area are you going to? Have you started applying for teaching jobs?

Lisa

Oooo Lisa how exciting!! You all organised? I need to start my teacher registration first I think and book onto first aid and child protection courses for when I arrive. Chris has been in touch with some agencies etc so fingers crossed.... How about you?

Helen

Hi Helen,

Yeah trying to get as organised as poss now! My husband Danny is also trying to get fixed up with a job for when we arrive. I wont work initially, as I dont fancy putting my 18mth old (Samuel) into a nursery right away. He's got a few contacts through a friend so again fingers x he will get lucky!! The main thing to sort is the house. Gonna give it until Oct then if it hasn't sold we've been told we will be able to get a tenant in almost immediately. So just hanging back on booking the flights until we have sorted that. Not sure if you know Helen, but you can start the registration process from the UK to help speed things up for when you arrive. You just send all the same stuff off as you did for your skills assess to the TRB of SA, and they then assess your quals in the same way as the skills assess. This is the first stage of the process, the other bits you have to do when you arrive. Sorry if im telling you something that you already know, but just wanted to mention it just incase! Are you having a big leaving party? Where are you living now?

Lisa :jiggy:

Hi Helen,

Yeah trying to get as organised as poss now! My husband Danny is also trying to get fixed up with a job for when we arrive. I wont work initially, as I dont fancy putting my 18mth old (Samuel) into a nursery right away. He's got a few contacts through a friend so again fingers x he will get lucky!! The main thing to sort is the house. Gonna give it until Oct then if it hasn't sold we've been told we will be able to get a tenant in almost immediately. So just hanging back on booking the flights until we have sorted that. Not sure if you know Helen, but you can start the registration process from the UK to help speed things up for when you arrive. You just send all the same stuff off as you did for your skills assess to the TRB of SA, and they then assess your quals in the same way as the skills assess. This is the first stage of the process, the other bits you have to do when you arrive. Sorry if im telling you something that you already know, but just wanted to mention it just incase! Are you having a big leaving party? Where are you living now?

Lisa :jiggy:

Thanks Lisa, yeah I really need to start moving myself and send off for skills assessment with TRB- its on the (long) list lol!

We're undecided about leaving party- it will be just after xmas/ new year and not sure if i want one or not?? Might do a combined New Year/ leaving thing for friends and some family and then do older family party thing- aaa dont know! How about you?

We have just moved out of our house and living with family at moment- which is strange- nice as its my mum and dad but feel like a teenager again lol and we got rid of most of furniture and lots of 'stuff' so feels like we should be going in a week or 2!!

I know what you mean about the 'To do' list lol!! It seems never ending!.....

I just fancy having a leaving do one Sun pm at the local WMC, with all friends/family invited. We will almost certainly be arranging lots of meals out aswell before we leave, which will be to the local Indian/Bangladeshi rests as we are sooooooooooo gonna miss their food!! We are such good friends with the owners we eat there that much! Been trying to pursuade them to re-locate to Adelaide lol!

I bet its strange, but in a nice way, being back living with the folks. How are they feeling about your move? Its my birthday at the end of this month, and it always seems like Xmas is just around the corner when i've had my birthday, so your moving date will soon be here im sure!

:cute:

I know what you mean about the 'To do' list lol!! It seems never ending!.....

I just fancy having a leaving do one Sun pm at the local WMC, with all friends/family invited. We will almost certainly be arranging lots of meals out aswell before we leave, which will be to the local Indian/Bangladeshi rests as we are sooooooooooo gonna miss their food!! We are such good friends with the owners we eat there that much! Been trying to pursuade them to re-locate to Adelaide lol!

I bet its strange, but in a nice way, being back living with the folks. How are they feeling about your move? Its my birthday at the end of this month, and it always seems like Xmas is just around the corner when i've had my birthday, so your moving date will soon be here im sure!

:cute:

Congrats to all who booked flights! Not long now!!

Lisa- sounds like your kinda organised- I think leaving do/ meals is next to do on our list.

My birthday in about 2 weeks so I know exactly what you mean about Christmas! I'm lurching between excited looking forwards to move to guilt and bit of sadness about leaving family- I suppose that's normal- in a way I just want to get the leaving bit over with- it will be very hard!

Oo we love a good Indian meal so defo get them to relocate lol! X

Ha ha lol- birthday is 22nd. We are planning on staying in motel style place for first week or 2 and then look around for rentals (been in touch with them already) at the momwnt would love Glenelg but think we need to be there to really look around and decide. U?

Hi guys, We have our flights booked too. leaving with singapore airlines on 10th Jan. 17 weeks tomoro but hey who's counting lol..

We have apartments booked in west lakes, (cost a fortune). Like you guys said, I too am really excited about going to oz, but the thought of leaving everyone is really upsetting.

We are saying our goodbyes on the monday evening as our flights are half ten tues morning, and have booked a hotel room near heathrow, i'm hoping this will be a good thing and we can calm ourselves and get a good sleep before our flights. but who knows which is the best way to do things....

Where are you guys hoping to settle??

At the mo we want to live in tea tree gully area, ridgehaven golden grove.. as this is where my uncle lives.. but this might change when we get there and have a look around for ourselves.

Have you got children?? We have a boy who's 13 the week before we leave and girls aged 8 years and a 10 month old. Really looking forward to the flight with the little one who has just started walking too and very very busy.

good luck with all the to do lists too xx

Helen-Glenelg does look really nice. We are undecided at the min, considering Port Noarlunga, Hallet Cove, Seaford Meadows to name just a few!!

Koala09-We have an active 18 month old toddler, therefore we too are looking forward to the long flight (not). Was hoping he might still fit in one of those basinet things on the plane but im sure he will be too big! A friend of mine said maybe to take lots of 'new toys' on the flight so he will be more interested in playing with them, being new. Just need to keep reminding ourselves its just one way, so im sure we will cope!!

Lisa :cute:

Hi, we arrive on the 14th of Jan (leaving UK the 12th Jan). We have booked our tickets two months ago already. Will never do that to myself to wait 6 months. My husband has wrote each day left on the calender and everyday I hear how many days are left till we're flying....CAN'T WAIT ANY MORE!!!! Where are you staying the first week or so? We will be in Moana for two weeks and then camping in our tent for a week or two while finding a house and WORK.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi boesman/Kath C,

We too are counting down now-12wks today we arrive!!! I know things are going to move pretty quickly now so trying not to panic too much and just getting as organised as I can in these next few wks.

We have booked into a holiday rental in Morphett vale for the first 12 days, and will also need to find a longer term rental/jobs in that time! We are lucky though as my folks are flying over from Perth and will be meeting us at the airport, cant wait for that!!

We are all sooo lucky to be going over at such a lovely time of year weather wise, make sure to stock up on your sun cream whilst its half price in Boots!!

Would be great to meet up with you once we all arrive, will keep in touch.

All the best, not long now!

Lisa ;o)

Congratulations and good luck. Will be interested to hear how you get on with finding a teaching post (what I've read on here about teaching positions is usually doom and gloom, so I stopped searching for those threads).

We have our 176 visa too, but only heading out in July 2012 at end of current academic year.

Safe journey & happy relocating down under.

Jo