Arrrrghhhhh hairdressers not on the new SA SMP

Guest helene73

Guest Nicky&Andy

i cant believe that, there are soooo many hairdressing jobs over here advertised, keep checking ,its more the construction side which has gone quiet, fingers crossed for you

Guest charlie&donna

Just looked at the SA List at it has:

[TABLE=class: orange tiny_text]

[TR]

[TD]391111[/TD]

[TD]Hairdresser[/TD]

[TD=class: avail met]Off-list criteria applies[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

5.1 Immigration SA is able to sponsor a limited number of skilled applicants for occupations that are not included on the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) – 2011 - 2012 program year but appear on DIAC’s State and Territory SOL (schedule 1 and 2) for Permanent 886 and 176 state sponsorship.

5.2 Off-list sponsorship is limited to applicants who are recent South Australian (SA) international graduates, who studied at a South Australian institution and where this study meets the DIAC two year study requirement. If any of the applicant’s studies were undertaken outside of South Australia, a minimum of 50% of their qualification must have been completed in South Australia.

So there may still be a glimmer of hope?

Guest helene73
Just looked at the SA List at it has:

[TABLE=class: orange tiny_text]

[TR]

[TD]391111[/TD]

[TD]Hairdresser[/TD]

[TD=class: avail met]Off-list criteria applies[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

5.1 Immigration SA is able to sponsor a limited number of skilled applicants for occupations that are not included on the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) – 2011 - 2012 program year but appear on DIAC’s State and Territory SOL (schedule 1 and 2) for Permanent 886 and 176 state sponsorship.

5.2 Off-list sponsorship is limited to applicants who are recent South Australian (SA) international graduates, who studied at a South Australian institution and where this study meets the DIAC two year study requirement. If any of the applicant’s studies were undertaken outside of South Australia, a minimum of 50% of their qualification must have been completed in South Australia.

So there may still be a glimmer of hope?

No hope there for me :(

Just emailed the agent to see where we go from here!!!

Looks like I am going on a adventure lol

Sorry to hear that.

I recall reading somewhere in the past year or so about them wanting to remove such jobs as hairdressing from the list as they are trying to 'discourage foreigners with low English skills who completed short courses in vocations such as cooking and hairdressing who were previously almost assured of getting a visa.' Rather crap for those with good English skills of course but I can kind of see what they are aiming at.

The list has gone from around 400 or so jobs to less than 200. They are focusing on the more ‘highly valued’ occupations such as Doctors, engineers, nurses. And are driving to have more Aussies train in the skills they've removed iirc.

ETA - I thought this was going to be a nationwide thing under this Gov. I know they were making changes to what the previous Gov. did. Good luck with the other states if they have it on their lists still :) Fingers crossed.

Guest edenfieldpoms
Poo, poo, poo hairdressers aren't on the 2011/12 SA list, bugger!!

Back to the drawing board :(

Hi, I am really gutted for you, I know how it feels when they kick you off the list, wa kicked me off last year and I cried for 3 days.

Have you thought of getting a hairdresser to sponsor you. There are loads of jobs in the paper and loads of hairdressers in Adelaide, there is also a company called hair warehouse, which is a bit like sallys, you could try them they seem to be all over Adelaide.

Antway good luck with your journey

April

Guest helene73
Sorry to hear that.

I recall reading somewhere in the past year or so about them wanting to remove such jobs as hairdressing from the list as they are trying to 'discourage foreigners with low English skills who completed short courses in vocations such as cooking and hairdressing who were previously almost assured of getting a visa.' Rather crap for those with good English skills of course but I can kind of see what they are aiming at.

The list has gone from around 400 or so jobs to less than 200. They are focusing on the more ‘highly valued’ occupations such as Doctors, engineers, nurses. And are driving to have more Aussies train in the skills they've removed iirc.

ETA - I thought this was going to be a nationwide thing under this Gov. I know they were making changes to what the previous Gov. did. Good luck with the other states if they have it on their lists still :) Fingers crossed.

They need to be a bit more fussy and not let them in!! Lol

Seriously how do they get in by doing a short course and having crap English skills?

I had to prove a formal 5 year apprenticeship for TRA get my old boss to the solicitors to sign a sworn declaration provide wages slips etc. And then had to document over 15 years in triplicate, never mind my torture doing Ielts! Sooooo unfair.

I am going to hang around on here as I am going to end up in SA :) your posts on people jumping states have always being of great interest me, more so now lol I have a plan ;) I am on other states lists so I am going to apply, watch this space lol :)

Guest libbysmum

Aww Helen, sorry to hear that, they really are making people jump through hoops for that elusive visa. I think it's the way it should be but the continual changing of the criteria etc makes it difficult to plan a route in and stick to it, as by the time your halfway through all the stages of the application process, they move the goalposts. We were looking a QLD in the beginning but they changed the rules on us midway through and we had to rethink and get SA SS! Anyhows, good luck in your plight, I'm sure you'll get here.

Sarah

Guest helene73
OMG ............. !!!!!! what else can i say ... what the chuff you gonna do now chick ??????

Go and live somewhere else ...its only for 2 years then you can come to sa with us then !!!

poo poo pants :( xx

It's just a case of get by means now Carolyn, I will get there :) xxx

Guest Adelaide_bound

Completely gutted for you (and knackered, hence sounding like a sleepy bear on the phone, sorry! lol), but everything for a reason - and as I said, at least you are on the list in other places, as you say - a way in is a way in :D

Guest Opportunities

Helene,

Very dissapointed...sad for you! Like mentioned before, I know that you have a go-get-attitude and nothing will keep you down! Like some have said, apply to the other states, live there for 2 years and make that escape to SA! We will be waiting there for you!

Good luck!

Karen

x

Guest jasongd

wdhyiupdfhiugtfyucdusHCuidshcfnuuuuuuuuuuuuDCHUsgtf

Gutted totally and utterly guttedd,

cant explain how I feel,

well save save and save to get into ACT or NT.

Jason

Guest maxfactornackerlacker

Good you are looking on the positive side.

we were originally on the list for WA as hairdresser, but were removed after a couple of years. Then our agent called out of the blue to say there may be an oportunity for a visa with SA. We agreed to switch, but were still focused on WA.

once our visa was granted, I started doing more and more research on the area we are moving to, and became more positive and open to Adelaide. Now i am thinking that SA might be better for us than WA !!

Things happen for a reason. Positivity makes the best out of every situation.

Good luck

Guest moviemummy

Hi

I am so sorry to hear your news. I got a job in a great wee salon after 5 days here. There are loads of jobs advertised, I don't understand. I have never seen so many salons!

Keep trying, good hairdressers are always employable. My friend is going to WA 12th sep. She got an empolyer sponsored visa. Took her a while but worth it in the end. She did need to come over for a holiday to find an employer willing to sponsor her though.

Keep trying.

L x

Guest guest8040

My occupation was removed from SA list in July. However my agent has reassured me that state sponsorship is a moral not legal obligation and once our 176 is granted there are no restrictions on where we go.