State Sponship Adelaide,how long do i have to stay there?

Guest DingDangDoo

Guest Adelaide_bound

No time at all - its a STATE sponsorship, not just Adelaide. Technically you are committing to two years in South Australia. However, if you go to another state within the two years you just let them know, its not visa condition to remain, (however from reading mine I think there may be a condition to let DIAC know where you are? I may be reading too much into bits on the visa grant though, there was a lot of words on there and we were only really interested in the 'you have got a visa' bit lol)

Guest Adelaide_bound

There was someone on not too long ago who couldn't find work in SA despite looking everywhere, and eventually got offered a job in Sydney. He went along to the DIAC in Sydney as he needed something stamped in his passport (long story, unrelated) and told them he was SA SS, and they just shrugged their shoulders and wished him luck in Sydney.

However, a lot of people do get, well, upset isn't the right word really, but - you are making the obligation, you should honour it is a lot of people's thoughts (mine included). Otherwise, just go for the 175 visa.

Guest DingDangDoo
There was someone on not too long ago who couldn't find work in SA despite looking everywhere, and eventually got offered a job in Sydney. He went along to the DIAC in Sydney as he needed something stamped in his passport (long story, unrelated) and told them he was SA SS, and they just shrugged their shoulders and wished him luck in Sydney.

However, a lot of people do get, well, upset isn't the right word really, but - you are making the obligation, you should honour it is a lot of people's thoughts (mine included). Otherwise, just go for the 175 visa.

Did you mean the 176?

Guest Adelaide_bound
The 175 is a points system though is it? Dont think i would qualify for it.Did you mean the 176?

Both tht 175 and the 176 are points tested. The 175 is the Independent visa, the 176 is the SS one. Other than that, they are the same.

If you don't qualify for the 175, then you might not for the 176 as you only get 5 points for SS, which you can make up by getting a higher IELTS maybe for the 175. And no. I meant the 175.

Guest DingDangDoo

ok i thought the 176 was not points based, my bad. Its not very clear though on the following website.

This website says you only need a years work exp in nominated occupation( network administrator)

immi.gov.au says minimum of 3 years when going through their visa wizard thing. Still missing something here obviously.

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php