how much is State Sponsorship?

Guest RobJ1978

Guest RobJ1978

REALLY??????????

oh, I'm having a week, found out i got my positive skills assessment and now that i don't have to pay for SS...fab, i was thinking it was gonna be another £3000!

Thanks guys.x.x.

Guest MarK Jowett

Great isn't it - I'm shocked that there is one part of this process where they don't bend you over!

Rob - I see you got your skills assessed pretty quickly - who was it assessed by?

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Mark, its Nic (rob's better half!)

It was through ANMAC, i was surprised as well. We were hoping to have it by end of October...we ended up being 3 month behind schedule cos of failing IELTS but now we are only 4-6 weeks behind predicted time scale. Now it is all out of my hands. Think i am sorted for state sponsorship application and got the majority sorted for 176, just need to find my p45's!(missing 1 year).

I see your getting on quickly!

Nic

Guest MarK Jowett

Hi Nic - glad it's going well for you! What's this about P45's? I have no chance of finding any of mine - I tend to chuck all that stuff as opposed to keeping it. Are they just to prove employment?

Guest RobJ1978

Its for the Visa application, i am claiming 5 years employment points (i think???) so i have to provide 5 years worth of p45's...i think this is right. are you going with an agent?

Guest MarK Jowett

Holy Moly! - i'm going to be claiming 8 years employment, so I best start doing some digging on this so I'm ready!

Hold on - P45 is when you get made redundant? sure you don't mean P60 - which is your year end tax form?

No, i'm not using an agent, i'm going solo (saving money but pulling my hair out over every question :) )

Guest RobJ1978
P60s for last 5 years!? Blimey, that will probably take some digging for me, I am also going 176 SS, if I PM you would you be happy to share your list with me also so I can be well prepared!?

Yeah thats fine.x.

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Chris, no it specifically asks for tax documentation, it does also ask for proof of employment, which will be another reference as it can only be 3-4 months old at the time of applying for the visa.

Nic.x.

Guest MarK Jowett

My response exactly Chris! :) I've only had two employers in the last 8 years so i've just had to email my previous employer to try and get copies - i have no idea if they are required to keep them?!?

Guest MarK Jowett

Yes, it does, you have to provide tax evidence of employment - P45's / P60's or pay slips. It doesn't say what to do if this is going to be a problem - however I'm sure we're not the first people to encounter this issue.

Guest Helchops

This is what SA asks for after you've submitted your app:

- Application Cover Sheet

- Passport Page

- Copy of positive and date valid Skills Assessment for your nominated occupation

- Copy of date valid IELTS Test (unless you are from an exempt country) that was undertaken less than two years ago

- Copy of date valid IELTS if a score of 7.0 (in each band) or higher is required for that occupation (regardless of exempt country)

- If you have completed your qualification in Australia, please include transcript and date completed for your studies.

- A letter from your employer/s to demonstrate your work experience may enhance your application.

I don't see anything about P60's - a letter from your employer to state times/dates is enough but even this is optional! Where did you get the P60 stuff from?!

Guest Helchops

Ha! Panic over then!

I was thinking there was stuff I didn't send for SS.

We've actually only got one P60, but got all the payslips from employment and our agent said that was sufficient, so it may be a way to go if you can't dig out those P60s!

Guest RobJ1978

ha ha ha Helchops, and i was there thinking i had sent people searching for P60's!lol

Things is i keep my p60's with my payslips, so if i cant find p60 means i cant find payslip either. Do you have to have every single payslip?