Steps to 176 SS Visa?

Guest DingDangDoo

Guest DingDangDoo

Hi all,

Could someone tell me the first steps I need to take for applying for the 176?

Do I have to have ielts results,acs results,medical results etc before I start my

application? I want to apply under network administrator for south australia but I read that these are capped, is there anyway I can find out if there are places left as I want to kick off the process asap....

Any info much appreciated:smile:

Guest moviemummy

Hi

Have a look on the SA website. This will give you a start. You need to apply for State Sponsorship first then do the main application through DIAC. You will be asked for medicals when you have a case officer so I wouldn't bother with that at the moment. You could do the IELTS just to get it out of the way. Exceptionally straight forward.

We had an agent, so that was the easy way. If you can be bothered with the forms it will save you heaps to do it yourself.

There are loads of threads on this stuff and I have probably not given you anything like what you need, but I am sure the great and the good, i am not worthy!!!!, will only be too happy to put their advice forward. We certainly have been helped by this forum, more than I can probably say!

Good luck

Laura x

Guest MarK Jowett

Your post is a little ambiguous, 176 and SS are two different bits of the puzzle, you need to get your State Sponsorship before you complete your 176 visa. It sounds like you haven't got your SS yet so i'll go from there...

Short answer is Yes.

Do you need IELTS results certificate before applying - YES (dependant on level required for job type - however best to be on safe side)

Do you need positive skills assessment letter from ACS before applying - YES

Do you need Medicals before applying - NO - I believe they are only required for the 176 DIAC visa application (the next step).

Can you find out if there are places still available - YES and YES - yes there are places still available and yes you can check on the planning levels page on the SA website.

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php

I understand the urge to get everything completed quickly - i'm in the same boat - waiting for my skills assessment with ACS, but I have done my IELTS so i'm in a better position when i get the ACS results.

If you need any more specific help, like moviemummy says - this place is a font of knowledge. I spent a lot of time just reading other peoples posts even if they weren't relevant to me at the time, as I knew they'd come in handy down the line.

If you have a look through threads i've started, there's one about what to have prepared for the SS application - and someone kindly replied with a list of what you need - you might want to dig that out.

Hope this helps.