We've got our visa

Guest Richard & Amanda

Guest Richard & Amanda

Just to let everyone know we received the email today telling us that our permanent residence visa has been granted :jiggy:

Wasn't expecting it so quickly as we only sent the paperwork to our agent on 17th December. It only took 36 days to turn it around with christmas in the middle. Head is still in a spin with how quickly it took.

My new employer will want me to start ASAP, just need to sell the house now. Silly asking anyone on this forum if they want to buy a house in the UK, but worth a try :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Richard & Amanda

000200D5.gif Congratulations to you both wishing you all the best on your new venture and wishing it was us.Lets hope this means things are speeding up for everyone still waiting !!

Karen and Keith

Guest Richard & Amanda
Wow that was quick !!! :shocked:

What sub class was it?

Lets hope you get a quick house sale so you can get out there before the end of the summer. ;)

Congrats again

Hiya,

It is under the ENS scheme (Employer nominated scheme) we have got full permanent residency which is great - the only cost to ourselves was the medicals, the employer paid for it all!

Just need to get rid of the house now. If I hear the words "global recession" again I think I will scream! :arghh:

Still excited though!!!!

Congratulations to you both

That really is amazingly quick. I hope you have a super quick home sale. Looking forward to meeting you both (and everyone else!) at the sunday meet up.

Guest everhopeful

A very BIG congratulations to you.

I was wondering if you could give me any information regarding the ENS as we are considering that this may be our only hope of getting a permenant visa before my daughter is 18. After the email what happens then? Did you not even have to pay the fee for the visa application? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks and congratulations again.

Joanna

Guest Matt & Suzi

BIG CONGRATULATIONS to the 3 of you, drinks to celebrate on Sunday!!!

Our house is back on the market today, the buyers are messing us around, so we are both in the same position again. flippin housing market.

Guest mandmick

Wow that's super quick!

My hubby is an aircraft engineer manager but we applied under sponsorship, which in hindsight was a big mistake as it's taking forever! We applied before the deadline of sept 1st and still haven't got a case officer! so it's great to hear good news that it can happen fast!

Just out of curiosity who did your husband use to find a job, an agency? all of the ones we have contacted have told us to get residency first.

Hope you sell your house and your move goes well,

Have fun!

Guest Richard & Amanda

Thanks to everyone and i'll do my best to answer any questions.

The visa we have is ENS subclass BW856.

For this visa the applicant must first have a formal job offer and accepted the position before you can be nominated. This job must be a highly skilled occupation that is on the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL). Luckily it seems that the fees are down to the employer but we did have to pay for our own medicals etc.

There are certain criteria that both parties must meet and the job must be full-time, ongoing and available for at least 3 years.

More info can be found at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/index.htm

I was lucky enough to secure my new employment by sending a speculative email to a company at the airport. This company were looking for someone with my experience and following an exchange of emails over a few weeks we had a telephone interview.

Shortly after the initial contact I received a contract in PDF form. The company only contacted the 2 referees I gave and up to date have made no contact with my current employer.

The longest part of this process was the TRA, police checks and some hick ups we had with passports. If we didn't have the problems with passports we would have got this visa 3 weeks sooner!!!

Hope people find this usefull and it could be a quicker route for some people.

Richard