Time of lodgement to time case officer assigned?

smify

Hi all, Just wondering if anybody could tell me how long it took them to have a case officer assigned after they lodged with DIAC? We recieved state sponsorship on 29th August 2011 and lodged final application to DIAC on 14th Sept, we are going through an agent and they have told us they'll be in touch as soon as they hear anything.

We were just curious to know, also what happens once the case officer is assigned, do they tell you when to do meds/police checks. Any feedback would be massively appreciated. Many thanks and good luck to everyone. Smify and lea

Hi Guys,

we are not a good example as we managed to get through in an exceptionally quick time (we suspect due to rule change over and subsequent downtime for new applications prior to July). Anyhow, once you have a case officer I would suspect that you should progress reasonably quickly as I think all the required paperwork should already have been checked for validity/potential issues (that's only my guess). They instructed us to complete our meds/police checks once a case officer was assigned. Meds were completed and it took about a week (post meds) for the blood test results to get finalised in the on-line system. Police checks took longer and were the final thing to be submitted (about 2 weeks using the standard service) and our visa was granted about 2 days after our police checks were emailed to our case officer. You can see our timeline on my signature....this is exceptional but I imagine you will still be processed much quicker than the timeline suggested on DIAC website. Once we have a case officer we were provided with an email address to email for an update on processing timelines. All the very best of luck to you. CC x