Some very big questions

Guest jasongd

Hi all,,

We have just had my wifes skill readded to oidl and we are still waiting on her ielts,

However instead of just letting the skill to go off the list we sent for state sponsorship for a 475 which has been granted thus giving us an extra 5 points for regional giving us the 65. The Ielts gives 10 points for overall 7,

My questions are, Next year if we are in Oz how much will the new changes affect us when apply for permanant residence. Once the Ielts results come through can we change to a 176 from the 475,

We now have 3 months to apply for the DIAC 475, so if my wifes occupation goes off the list before the Ielts comes through at least we can apply but really need to know what I am getting Family into with all the changes.

Sorry for the wording of this its a bit jumbled up.

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Jason,

Ican't help with regards to what the new changes will bring, although it sounds harder to gain a visa once July 2012 hits us. Has your wife sat the IELTS? Because the results only takes 2 weeks after her sitting it.

Nic

Guest Adelaide_bound

I'm not sure why so many people are worried about the July 2012 changes. As far as I can see from reading the bumpf, all that changes is they are introducing the expression of interest way of doing things (like they've been doing in NZ for years and years). All this means in effect is instead of applying and paying at the same time, you apply and then every couple of weeks they invite those that have enough points to pay - which means you will almost certainly get your visa after that point, instead of the current system where every and anyone can put in the application whether they meet the criteria or not, paying the several thousand at that time, and then if they don't meet the criteria they lose the money, if they do meet it they get the visa. The EoI seems far far fairer, maybe too much so for those who don't read instructions and criteria (as its these people who will overall benefit the most).

I've been through the EoI scheme in NZ and now having gone through the current system in Oz as well, I really can't see why its such a bad thing - methinks a lot of agents are very very worried, firstly by the changes made earlier this year and then by the further changes next year that are not good news for someone trying to make money out of people applying for visas, as its seems to be mainly agents who are going on about doom and gloom with the new system (much like they did pre-July 2011, this year, whereas the reality is it is very straightforward and easy, and we got our visa within 3 weeks (a 176).)

Anyway - if you have the 65 points now, just apply for the 176 - they don't count any points over and above the 65 threashold (they ignored a couple of things on my application, eg number of years work experience points, because I had already reached the 65 points on other counts like my age, degree and IELTS), so if you have the 65, just put in the application now, and in a couple of weeks you should have your visa.

I'm not really sure why you would apply for a 457 and then change to another type of visa if you have the points already - surely you will just have to pay twice? Or do you need an IELTS for your wife, as the primary applicant, to get the 65 points? Sorry if I'm not understanding this :/

Hi Adelaide bound,

That really is a big response and to something you did not understand ha ha !!! and to your point about just apply for the 176 just now.

Just now we have 60 points, but with a 475 you get 10 points extra which equals 70

If we wait for my wife's IELTS results to get more points the occupation might be taken off the list.

If I had 65 points just now why would I wait.

The question was if the occupation is still on the list can we swap or need to reapply for the state sponsorship from the 475 to 176.

Do the changes in 2012 affect the 475 visa in any way.

I am not making a big deal out of the changes just wanted to know if there was any changes to the way the 475 worked. This is the first post I have read were anyone has made a big deal out of the changes.

So no doom and gloom just a couple of simple questions.

Out of interest why did you go to all the trouble and expense of applying to NZ now Australia.

Typical Teacher

Guest Adelaide_bound

Um, do you have to be so rude? :dull:

Good luck, but don't be rude to people when they try and give assistance - I wasn't I thought you were doing something not understandable, rather I didn't get why you might be applying for one sort, and then changing, as some people do - but they generally give the back story in their OP.

From messages I've had on here I'm apparently quite good at giving people help and time, sorry if you felt the need to be rude rather than thankful for someone taking some time out to try and help. If you were trying to be funny, you weren't, just offensive quite frankly. :nah:

No please do not take this the wrong way I was trying to be rude,

I read that like it is, like your point and I quote'

"maybe too much so for those who don't read instructions and criteria" ( this was a dig me thinks )

I read this as if you were talking down to me and I have asked other people to look at it and they feel you were , Telling me what to do when you did not understand.

I am sure if you read the way you have written that reply you will find it very cheeky and rude, maybe its the Teacher in you.

People on here are not your pupils and are asking for advice not to be talked down to or told what to do.

And one more thing your comment about THESE PEOPLE, Bang out of order, A lot of people wont read everything but will come on here for advice.

I have read some of your previous post and you have been very helpfull in the past but I am sorry you really were rude there and saying " these people" what would you do " let the eat cake"

Jason

Guest RobJ1978

erm Jason, i don't think Adelaide_Bound was meaning anything insulting when she wrote about 'these people'. i think she just meant the ones who applied that didn't meet the criteria would benefit because they now (2012) won't need to pay a fee to be told they wouldn't be eligible. in the sentence before she explained this and that is why she then wrote these people, to sum it up. I really dont read it the way you read it and i think at first it was in answer to me because i had said "it seems harder to get a visa once july 2012 hits us" She was just being reassuring.

Nic.x.

ps Adelaide Bound if you read this, sorry if your not a 'she' lol.x.

I agree with Rob.

It seems a shame that Adelaide_Bound's reply upset you as IMHO it seemed really helpful....and I was actually quite impressed AB had managed to understand the points you were making!

Visas do seem very confusing and the whole process can be a huge emotional strain but I am sure, if you think about it, AB has better things to do than be deliberately offensive.

Wishing you both all the best :wubclub: LC

tbh Jason, I only understood your post once I'd read Adelaide Bound's response. Perhaps if the points you were making had been clearer initially, the advice wouldn't have seemed (to you) offensive. Also, you might find that people are less likely to take the time to answer your questions if you respond in the way you have.

Anyway, good luck with the visa options and points.

Jim

Hi Jason

If you apply for a subclass 475 visa before 30th June 2012, all the rules for applying for PR in due course will remain the same as they are now. The proposed changes won't affect you.

If you apply for an sc 475 but later on, before the sc 475 is granted, you decide that you want an sc 176 visa instead, you would have to get a new offer of State sponsorship and then you would have to make a new visa application as well, plus pay new fees.

What is your wife's exact occupation, please? You''ve mentioned "oidl" but I don;t know that that is?

Cheers

Gill

I found this forum very helpful and understanding. I can't understand this sarcastic tone from member jason. I would have been grateful for those answers even if they aren't the answers I expected. By the way, what's the oppucation of your wife (you never told this) and how do you know they take them out of the list? My hubby and me had sit the IELTS together.