23 Yr Old Son.

Guest rockola57

Guest rockola57

Hi, We are BILLY,50 YR OLD.SUE,48 YR OLD,RYAN,17 YR OLD,LIAM,15 YR OLD.We are selling up in the UK and moving to Adelaide.Our problem is our 23 yr old son,(nowt unusual there !)He cant come out as a dependant.We want him with us,whats the situation with this?Also,is the HEAT BEARABLE IN THE SUMMER?

Guest dave&jacky
Hi, We are BILLY,50 YR OLD.SUE,48 YR OLD,RYAN,17 YR OLD,LIAM,15 YR OLD.We are selling up in the UK and moving to Adelaide.Our problem is our 23 yr old son,(nowt unusual there !)He cant come out as a dependant.We want him with us,whats the situation with this?Also,is the HEAT BEARABLE IN THE SUMMER?

Hi Billy,I am the same age as you and hopefully going on a 457 sponsored visa we have a son of 22, the way i understand it he can not go on your visa he will have to go in his own right,has he got a skill at all?Or he could go on a study visa which my son looked at but you will have to pay.He could go on aworking visa for a year and see how he likes it our son has just been over to oz and Newzealand on one of these and he loved it,he also did 3 months working on the land{tomoto picking up in Queensland**and you get a chance to extend the visa for another year and you do not have to use that visa straight away.

Hope this helps.

Dave &Jacky

Guest rockola57

Thanks Dave and Jacky,its early days for us yet,Just put house on market,sues a nurse sohopefully shell get a job there,the process is well under way in that area and she is assured there will be a job for her,she is now registered with the NBSA.Im a Taxi Driver here in the UK.We must be out there by mid august as our17 yr old will turn 18 and no longer be a dependent,hope all goes well.We appreciate your reply very much and you are the first people we have had contact with.We hope all goes well for you and your family,im sure you feel as we do that the benefits will far outweigh the down sides!If you need to contact us please feel free,perhaps we can all help each other ,our contact is jetfeller at yahoo.co.uk.Cheers and all the best,billy and sue.

Guest stufi1997

Hi from us too Billy, we're in the same situation with a 19 year old daughter who initially stamped her feet and said she was'nt coming.......but as we have our 495 visa, reality has struck home that we are going to do it whatever, so reluctantly she's coming out on a working visa too. Hopefully she will meet some new freinds and decide to give it a go.She's not too good at new enviroments and her pals are just everything (teenagers)..! We too are on a short leash to get in (july) so it's panic stations at the moment. We hope she can extend her visa and perhaps by then we can sponser her when we get perm residency. good luck to you, i think it's the only route we can take. cheers Stu.

Guest homewardbound

Hello Billy, We are in a similar position as our 28 year old son doesn't meet any of the criteria for a visa. He is going on a working holidaymaker visa and then will apply to stay as a remaining relative. We are more fortunate than you because I was born in Australia and now have an Australian passport so I think when we have been there 3 months I can sponsor him. Otherwise I think my brother who is a permanent resident can sponsor him. It may be that you will be able to sponsor him as a remaining relative when you've been there 2 years (if you are a permanent resident), or if he were to get a job over there his employer could sponsor him. My husband has been able to get a spouse's visa. Our daughter and son-in-law are coming too. Rachael is a teacher and James is a fabricator/welder so they had no problem getting their visas. Our main problem at the moment is TRYING TO SELL OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAGH!!!!!! Anyway, best of luck to you all.

We will have to meet up when we're over there - we are in our early 50s too.

Cheers

Veronica (Ronni)

Guest rockola57

Thanks ronni,our house sale will also be our next problem,just yesterday placed on market.We would be delighted to meet up with you when the dust has settled and we are over there.We also have a 26 yr old son who has been working in oz for the past year,and has obtained a second 12 month visa.hes delighted.Cheers for your reply ,all the best,billy and sue.

Guest dave&jacky

Hi Billy & Sue Nice to hear from you I am sure Sue will soon get a job they are crying out for nurses,Billy will you try and get work as a taxi driver in Adelaide when we were there in Nov we found it so easy to drive around compared to bristol where we live there was so much less traffic, I do quite a lot of driving in my work so it was nice to drive with out getting stuck in Qs,Have you been to Adelaide it was the first time we had been to that side of Oz but we both loved it,I have a brother who lives in Perth and we have been there a couple of times and we liked it a lot and would go if i was offered a job there but the job i have on offer is in Adelaide,but we also found that the house prices are quite a bit cheaper in Adelaide than they are in Perth, all to do with the mining boom that WA has been going through for the last 10 years but from what we have been told Adelaide is just about to go through the same sort of mining boom so it seems the ideal time to get in there and buy some property. where about in the country are you from?

Jacky works for the NHS in Bristol has a NVQ/it trainer so we hope she should be able to find work in adelaide hospitals mind you she says she wont mind having a few months off checking out houses ect.If we find out any more about the visa for the older kids we will let you know and as you say it would be nice to be able to help each other keep in touch and good luck with the house sale.

Best wishes Dave & Jacky

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Try pm ing denise 42, she has expirience of changing her kids visas, as they are dependant on you if they dont work. Not sure of the details, but give her a shout.

She might not answer straight away I think she is in the UK atm.

sarah