New 2 site hi-visa validation question

Guest greensinoz

Guest greensinoz

:err:Hi my name is Sharon and new to the site,does anyone know if every person stated on visa has to be present ie touch Australian soil to validate the visa, thanks for your time and reading my post, Sharon.

Sharon (36) Terry (37) Rebecca (7) and Hannah (4)

Visa submitted end of August 07

Awaiting allocation of officer, Reciept confirmed.

Admit we are deliberately on a GO-SLOW

Guest greensinoz

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply, I was kind of hoping that wasn't the case oh well if we end up having a reccie before actually moving it will be an expensive one, thanks Sharon.

Guest greensinoz
hello sharon and welcome to pia :wubclub:

yep, everyone has to validate their visa in the time given!!!

good luck!

:v_SPIN:Hi Mozzy, thanks for your reply, this is the first time I have ever chatted on a forum so humour me if need be. Are you fast tracking your visa application, where do you plan to settle? will you be looking for employment or is it your other half? sorry for all the questions just curious. Also have you had any quotes for shipping home contents/car yet, thanks for your time, kind regards Sharon.:cute:

Guest greensinoz
Hi Sharon.

So far as i know if there name is on the visa then they must touch Ozzie soil within 12 months.

Matt

Hi Matt, sorry I didn't reply properly to your reply, I'm new to all of this and it probably shows:goofy: I don't know how all this works so it will be trial and error. Depending when/if our visa is issued will depend weither we have to do a reccie or not to validate or just move, thanks Sharon.

Hi Sharon,

Yep everyone has to touch Oz soil to activate the visa in their passport within 12 months. They don't all have to turn up at the same time but as far as I understand it the main applicant must arrive there first.

Pete

Guest greensinoz
Hi Sharon,

Yep everyone has to touch Oz soil to activate the visa in their passport within 12 months. They don't all have to turn up at the same time but as far as I understand it the main applicant must arrive there first.

Pete

:unsure:

Hi Pete, if validating visa versus just moving out within the stated 12 months, we were hoping to go over without the kids as it would be a very long journey and short holiday and not to mention expensive, oh well I guess it just depends when the visa is issued, thanks again, Sharon.:D

hi sharon!

well, chat as little or as much as you like!

you don't really have to reply to every post but it helps making friends :D

well, i wouldn't call it fasttrack really - but oh's job IS on the modl list so i guess you mean that! :jiggy: - and it's HIS skill that's in demand. apparently i am skilless :goofy: ('only' looking after our kids and running a household and keeping everyone happy ... so what does that count, eh?!) - but i intend to find some work once the kids are old enough to go to school!

as to where to settle that's another trickquestion really. we haven't even been to adelaide just yet!!! but so far we tend more to the northeast .. but hohum what do we know. maybe we don't like it once we actually see it and join all the others in the south :biglaugh:

shippers is no topic for us just yet! we haven't even got a visa!!!! - we'll have our medicals in a week so we are getting there!

we are still discussing what to take really .... take it all? take half? take nothing (only personal as such)?

decisions decisons ...

so how far into this all are you?!?

Guest greensinoz
hi sharon!

well, chat as little or as much as you like!

you don't really have to reply to every post but it helps making friends :D

well, i wouldn't call it fasttrack really - but oh's job IS on the modl list so i guess you mean that! :jiggy: - and it's HIS skill that's in demand. apparently i am skilless ('only' looking after our kids and running a household and keeping everyone happy ... so what does that count, eh?!) - but i intend to find some work once the kids are old enough to go to school!

as to where to settle that's another trickquestion really. we haven't even been to adelaide just yet!!! but so far we tend more to the northeast .. but hohum what do we know. maybe we don't like it once we actually see it and join all the others in the south

shippers is no topic for us just yet! we haven't even got a visa!!!! - we'll have our medicals in a week so we are getting there!

we are still discussing what to take really .... take it all? take half? take nothing (only personal as such)?

decisions decisons ...

so how far into this all are you?!?

:D We sent off our visa end of august 07 and have confirmation of reciept, currently we are waiting to be allocated an officer and then hopefully the medicals will be on the cards. We don't mind how long it all takes as we didn't want to rush things and be well prepared, if you ever can be that is. Hey, being a mum and sortin the kids and house is the hardest job in the world just not everyone recognises that, I only work part time so that hopefully I have the best of both worlds. We are going for a skilled visa and it is on my job as a nurse. I never thought that my part time status would qualify to apply but thank god it is. Thinking of going over sept 09 or sooner, can't decide wether to a reccie first and wait till then which means an expensive holiday to validate or to go over earlier within the validation period.:chatterbox: sorry have gone on a bit, cheers Sharon.

Guest louiesmum

Hi sharon, terry & family

Just wanted to say Hi & welcome to PIA. You Q has already been answered, but I'm sure there will be lots more! What do you & hubby do, what visa are you going on. Anyhow good luck with the process.

Guest greensinoz
Hi sharon, terry & family

Just wanted to say Hi & welcome to PIA. You Q has already been answered, but I'm sure there will be lots more! What do you & hubby do, what visa are you going on. Anyhow good luck with the process.

Hi thanks for the welcome, I am a nurse working part time and we are going on a skilled visa, hubby is a forklift driver (semi-skilled). I plan to join a nursing bank/recruitment agency to get my foot in the door as it were and Terry is prepared to do just about anything to settle and bring some money in. When the kids are a bit older I fancy training as a midwife and Terry would like to train as a plumber, how about you, cheers Sharon.

Guest louiesmum
Hi thanks for the welcome, I am a nurse working part time and we are going on a skilled visa, hubby is a forklift driver (semi-skilled). I plan to join a nursing bank/recruitment agency to get my foot in the door as it were and Terry is prepared to do just about anything to settle and bring some money in. When the kids are a bit older I fancy training as a midwife and Terry would like to train as a plumber, how about you, cheers Sharon.

Hi I work part time as a community staff nurse in Kent, my OH works as a purchasing manager for a computer co. I have a couple of contacts 1 agency & 1 community nurse organistion. as I said I didnt want a co to sponser me as personally I felt it would (potentially) make it even more stressfull, you know if you didn't like the work etc, 2 years can be a long or short time if you know what I mean. Anyway good to hear from you & good luck:wubclub:

Guest greensinoz
Hi I work part time as a community staff nurse in Kent, my OH works as a purchasing manager for a computer co. I have a couple of contacts 1 agency & 1 community nurse organistion. as I said I didnt want a co to sponser me as personally I felt it would (potentially) make it even more stressfull, you know if you didn't like the work etc, 2 years can be a long or short time if you know what I mean. Anyway good to hear from you & good luck:wubclub:

:chatterbox:Hi I'm in community for pct/intermediate care, only been there for 18 months, used to work at local hospital in MAU for 9 yrs, god I don't know how I managed it-it was hell on earth. I have been looking at Flinders Medical centre as it has community DN's and similar to Intermediate care, not sure which I will go for hospital ward or communty, I think it is a private hospital which has S A Health service and university links which sounds good. Failing that as you said I will try nursing agencys etc like you said to test the local waters and sample both. Sorry if you have already mentioned but when are planning to go and which suburbs are you thinking of, lovely to know another nurse is in the same boat (in a nice way of course) could be usefull to share info etc, anyway take care, cheers Sharon.:D

Guest louiesmum
:chatterbox:Hi I'm in community for pct/intermediate care, only been there for 18 months, used to work at local hospital in MAU for 9 yrs, god I don't know how I managed it-it was hell on earth. I have been looking at Flinders Medical centre as it has community DN's and similar to Intermediate care, not sure which I will go for hospital ward or communty, I think it is a private hospital which has S A Health service and university links which sounds good. Failing that as you said I will try nursing agencys etc like you said to test the local waters and sample both. Sorry if you have already mentioned but when are planning to go and which suburbs are you thinking of, lovely to know another nurse is in the same boat (in a nice way of course) could be usefull to share info etc, anyway take care, cheers Sharon.:D

Hi sharon,

No worries no I didn't mention when we are going, well its depending on the house sale, its been on market for nearly 3 months exepted an offer (3rd one don't ask!!) but now there is a very shakey chain:arghh:. Once house sold then we will go, we was aiming for March but now that I think, might be a bit optimistic so really when we are sorted this end. Speak soon:wubclub:

Guest greensinoz
Hi sharon,

No worries no I didn't mention when we are going, well its depending on the house sale, its been on market for nearly 3 months exepted an offer (3rd one don't ask!!) but now there is a very shakey chain:arghh:. Once house sold then we will go, we was aiming for March but now that I think, might be a bit optimistic so really when we are sorted this end. Speak soon:wubclub:

Best of luck with the house sale, hope it all works out, I'm sure it will in the end. I'd love to know how you get on once you are there if you wouldn't mind but I will inderstand as Iknow you will all be so busy, take care speak soon, Sharon.

Guest batleys

hi

thanks for this interesting thread my OH is a nurse and we have been looking a jobs online , as some of you are nurses have either of you found out where you can get any more info on work sponsors as would like to go to flinders, been on a recci last year and flinders is more in the area we are looking at any other info would be great.

lucy & Chris:confused:

making mind up not applied for anything yet

house not for sale either....wouldn't sell anyway...