TRA Skills Assessment

natasha2106

Hi

Can anyone please help us??

We started our process in February 2011 and have completed the IELTS and AQF (as husband hadn't completed apprentiship), we submitted our TRA skills assessment in July after the new points system came out, we have tried several times through our agent to get an update but they keep telling us that the tra haven't replied to any applications under the new points system.

Has anyone applied to the TRA since July 2011 and have you had a response yet, or are you still waiting for a reply or update.

Please let me know how your getting on as I feel that we are just being forgotten and am getting tired of keep chasing our agents who keep telling us the same thing.

thanks

Natasha:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

we have the exact same thing. I think we had our TRA submitted in July 2011 it came back in Sept 2011 saying not enough evidence (agents fault :arghh:) re-submitted it and we still haven't heard anything. The agents keeps saying the same thing to us 'we are hoping to hear something back this week'. It is really annoying us now because we have been ready to send off for the SS for 2 weeks now. Hope you hear something soon.

• 5 months later...
Guest gilksy

hi we are still waiting and we sent ours in september, the agent GoMatilda keep telling us that there is a backlog. my husband has also done the EILTS and we are just waiting the same as you, we are getting very frustrated too.

Hi, I used the same agents as above. I got tired of being told the same thing over and over, so I asked for my reference number and contact number and said I would chase tra direct. I was told the same again from the agent that we were in a queue and had to wait, I then the night after stayed up until I could ring tra when got through I spoke to a really nice lady who said that my application had been approved over a week ago and the paperwork had been sent. I was really annoyed with agents as they had said only the day before that they had contacted tra and were told to wait. Absolute rubbish!

We now have our tra and state sponsorship from sa approved and our diac was yesterday allocated a case worker and requesting for our Medicals.

I hope u all get your tra through soon. But the process after was very quick only tra took a long time.

Regards

Natasha

Guest Joshl

Hi Natasha,

Would you mind if I asked how do you get started with your assessment?

I have been over the TRA website trying to figure out how I should go about this from the UK but I cant seem to find anything that tells you how to do this.

I have emailed them as well but they only relpy with a sort of automated/general email they have saved on the desktop or something...

Im a wall and floor tiler and I also do decorating. Have been self-employed for the past 7 years.

Thanks very much for the help!

Hi i applied from the UK i too am a self employed (hairdresser.) I supplied references from every employer prior to me becoming self employed and believe me there were many! Stat declarations for the two employers who had closed down i did them from myself explaining how long i had been there what my duties were addresses etc. NVQ certificates, CV, course certificates. References from my suppliers, and from all three of my accountants. A massive explanation of my job, technical information about products used, techniques. references from clients. references from the Inland revenue saying i had been a sole trader from so and so to present. Also a reference from the National Insurance etc, and a reference from companies house stating when i became a limited company and a memorandum of articles of association. I put every single thing in i could and even more. If you need any info about anything or help on wording a stat dec (very Important) just drop us a line. Please note all this was certified by a solicitor. We had a positive result and so glad we didnt use an agent for this part of the app. Also dont get your agent to call, call them yourself Much better not trusting a third party to do it when you can cut the monkey out the situation as someone said above their agent gave them incorrect advice......

Guest ali

Hi

Can you guys be kind and tell me what a TRA is? Sorry to bump in and I hope that everyone of you get your case approved very soon:smile:

Cheers,

ali

Hi ali

The TRA is 'Trades Recognition Austrailia'. Basically some applications have to go through these to confirm your trade and skills. I do know that in July last year all the rules etc were changes and not everyone has to use TRA now, but they are tested through another body - but I am not sure who this is sorry!

Hope this clears it up for you. Good luck with your plans.

Natasha

Guest ali

Hi Natasha,

Thank you. Yes its all clear now. My application was assessed by AIM (Australian Institute of Management). By the way Natasha, does TRA assess applications made by interior designers as well? Do interior designers have to have a University degree or a college degree will suffice?

Cheers and thank you:smile:

Ali, I'm not sure I'm afraid. We used an agent for our whole visa application so not fully clued up on it. If you look through their website that my answer the question. or if no perhaps put a new thread out there, there may be someone who is in the same profession and can give you a heads up.

Guest ali

Thank you Natasha. Yes I used an agent as well. I was asking for a friend. Two days ago I was browsing the job lists on SOL and found interior designer on the list but when I asked my agent this morning he said that interior designers aren't on the list rather bluntly. Need to find a competent agent for my friend:smile:

Guest gilksy

hi folks, just had TRA back and unfortunately my husband was unsuccessful, as his qualifications are not recognised in Oz. Som we are looking at other avenues. Any ideas would be good. i have an uncle who would be willing to sponsor us any advise........ greatfully recieved.

hi folks, just had TRA back and unfortunately my husband was unsuccessful, as his qualifications are not recognised in Oz. Som we are looking at other avenues. Any ideas would be good. i have an uncle who would be willing to sponsor us any advise........ greatfully recieved.

I'm very sorry to hear gilksy. From what I recall about sponsorships other than state sponsorship is that if a private company puts and ad out for a job (I think 3 times) and no one with the required skills answers the ad then they can go and look abroad for the employee with the right skills. Again I'm not 100% positive but basically it works this way. I really hope that this works for you guys.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali