Documents required for rentals/ new job

Guest Ploppy

Dear Poms,

If i'm able to find a job, i'm hoping to move SA at the beginning of 2012. I would be grateful if anyone can provide a list of documents I'll need to start renting accomodation and to start a new job. Things such as references/ tax file number would be useful and anything I should prepare in the UK before leaving. Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Ploppy.

Guest johnosmad
Dear Poms,

If i'm able to find a job, i'm hoping to move SA at the beginning of 2012. I would be grateful if anyone can provide a list of documents I'll need to start renting accomodation and to start a new job. Things such as references/ tax file number would be useful and anything I should prepare in the UK before leaving. Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Ploppy.

Depends how you are getting a job, if you are going through an agency they may need a copy of your visa, Drivers licence or passport although it does vary, some do, some don't. You can get a tax file number online although this will come in a couple of days and you don't actually need it before you start work anyway so I wouldn't worry about that, If you plan to sub-contract you will need an ABN although from your post it doesn't seem you will,

To start renting you will need to pass 100 Point ID check, do a google search and it will give you a list of things you can use, a good one for rent would be a previous tenant ledger or reference.

I DEFINITELY would not look at renting a place in Adelaide before viewing it first as there are a lot of scruffy/overpriced places as well as a lot of good ones.

Jobs depends on what visa though because if you aren't coming over until you get a job you may struggle as a lot of companies aren't interested until you are at least in country.

Cheers

Guest johnosmad

Also what I done was get it all uploaded online(Copy of visa, passport etc), use Google Docs or equivalent, even a memory stick so your ready to send it off straight away, saves messing around in internet cafes and also one less thing to worry about if you are applying for multiple houses at the same time.

johnosmad - Thank you kindly for your advice regarding documents.

I had a look at the 100 point ID system. If I have my passport, Oz driving licence and Medicare Card would this be enough identification for rentals.

Also, what sort of ID do I need to gain a driving licence/ medicare card ?

Ploppy.

Guest johnosmad
johnosmad - Thank you kindly for your advice regarding documents.

I had a look at the 100 point ID system. If I have my passport, Oz driving licence and Medicare Card would this be enough identification for rentals.

Also, what sort of ID do I need to gain a driving licence/ medicare card ?

Ploppy.

Hey man, no probs,

I just got here 2 weeks ago so all this stuff is fresh in my head so feel free to ask any other questions you have,

The passport and licence would get you 80 points and I think one thing has to have your name/address on it, ie - a bank statement, open a bank account straight away and you can use that.

To get the medicare we needed a copy of our visa and our passports, just go to the medicare office and do it all there, takes about 10 mins. For the licence you need your UK licence, proof of address and a lot of patience as the ques are always long!

Cheers

Johno