Heart Attack Over!!

Bevev's

I was putting documents in order, ready to apply for 176, when SS comes through and for some unknown spooky reason, I checked my points with DIAC. I nearly had a stroke! I only got 60 points!!

In absolute tears I telephoned a few Immigration agents, only 1 was available to speak to me -

"Overseas-Emigration." Unfortunately when I sat the academic IELTS I only acheived a 7 in reading and therefore could only claim 10 points as not 'expert.' He calmly explained that I didn't need academic IELTS for visa, only for skills assessment. Therefore having done the General IELTS last year (by mistake), and acheiving 9's across the board, I have enough points...Yay!!

The agent was really helpful, I think I'll use them to submit my visa application as they only charge £400 + vat. Has anybody got any comments on this company?? I want to get things done quickly as I'm 45 end of this year and don't want to miss the boat!!

A much calmer Bev x

I was putting documents in order' date=' ready to apply for 176, when SS comes through and for some unknown spooky reason, I checked my points with DIAC. I nearly had a stroke! I only got 60 points!!

In absolute tears I telephoned a few Immigration agents, only 1 was available to speak to me -

"Overseas-Emigration." Unfortunately when I sat the academic IELTS I only acheived a 7 in reading and therefore could only claim 10 points as not 'expert.' He calmly explained that I didn't need academic IELTS for visa, only for skills assessment. Therefore having done the General IELTS last year (by mistake), and acheiving 9's across the board, I have enough points...Yay!!

The agent was really helpful, I think I'll use them to submit my visa application as they only charge £400 + vat. Has anybody got any comments on this company?? I want to get things done quickly as I'm 45 end of this year and don't want to miss the boat!!

A much calmer Bev x[/font']

Hi Bev, that’s good news.

To honest, once you collate everything for skills and SS, the rest is very straight forward - assuming that your case is not complex.

I wouldn't dream of saying don't use an agent, as that's your choice alone, but, £400 is a lot of money for peace of mind which I think everyone here will be able to give you better than most agents.

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Heather2011
I was putting documents in order' date=' ready to apply for 176, when SS comes through and for some unknown spooky reason, I checked my points with DIAC. I nearly had a stroke! I only got 60 points!!

OMG!! this is so spooky...i am just watching WDU and who do i see??? You and your family...

we have just applied for SS as well and waiting for IELTs result. We are trying to get on WDU but not recruiting as of yet!

Let me know how you get on

Heather

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Oh Bev, no wonder you had a heart attack, good news you got it all sorted though.

Overseas Emigration helped us with hubby's TRA as we just didn't know where to begin and I can't fault them. I did the SS and 176 myself after that though, and if you've got the skills assessment and SS done and there are no major issues then in all honesty the visa app is a doddle after the rest of it. You should already have all the info and docs you need for it so I would say it's worth considering doing it yourself.

Wendy x

P.S. Just been watching you too :smile:

Hi Bev you must be so relieved to know you have an opportunity and the points to carry out the application, i went through an agent, whom were lot more expensive than £400, they got us there and to be honest it went quite well once we were up to the stage of ss applications, i have to agree with irishstew, their isnt much to go wrong, if the australian goverment need more info then they will email you and you send it via electronic or post, when they want police reports and meds they email you, and then its up to you to look and arrange with the british panel doctors, then pity much you are offered your visas, however if you feel time is of essence then i would most probably pay the £400 and let the agent sort the formalities out for you, but my advise is push them all the time or they might just sit on it.

Well good luck

Gary

I used OE Visas in Edinburgh...hope they are the same people.

I can honestly say they were amazing and I am a pain in the bum...sometimes...lol.

I tried a different company first that only charged for what they did and they were rip off merchants.

I really thought that we weren't going to get but with Richard's help (and his team...sorry) and Mr Lombard, I am now here living the bloody cold dream...looking forward to summer...

R175

Guest moviemummy

Bev hi

We used OEV. Fantastic. Can't say good enough things about how helpful and professional they all are. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them.

The whole process is so frustrating but they are always on the end of the phone or email for advice or even just to hear you vent at bit!

Good luck. You'll be here soon.

L x