Where do start??

Guest TraxFM

Me and OH and 6yr old daughter hoping to have our visa granted before Xmas and come out for a reckie next summer and to be honest I don't know where to start with regards to places we would like to live. How did any of you guys decide on the place you now live?? Thanks for any advice

To be honest I don't think you really know where you want to live until you've been here a while. That said you can narrow it down somewhat. Where your work + how long you are prepared to commute will give you your starting point. Within that area you will then look at schools. When you find a school you are happy with Dah daaaah! :-)

To be honest I don't think you really know where you want to live until you've been here a while. That said you can narrow it down somewhat. Where your work + how long you are prepared to commute will give you your starting point. Within that area you will then look at schools. When you find a school you are happy with Dah daaaah! :-)

Thanks for that, I suppose it makes sense thinking of it that way, everything will work out fine I'm sure!!

some people use a rule 10 mins to work half hour to the beach sort of thing...i used to drive an hour to work everyday and it was so crap....now i work 15 mins from home and the beach is mins away...

Alot depends on what your work is, where it is etc etc.....and waht you want from where want to live.

Do yourself a check list of what matters to yourselves, then you can maybe get a better idea if whare you wannabe....another good site is called http://www.nearmap.com/

things to look at are

public amenities

schools

hospitals

drs

shops

And that sort if thing...

Hope this helps...

HG

some people use a rule 10 mins to work half hour to the beach sort of thing...i used to drive an hour to work everyday and it was so crap....now i work 15 mins from home and the beach is mins away...

Alot depends on what your work is, where it is etc etc.....and waht you want from where want to live.

Do yourself a check list of what matters to yourselves, then you can maybe get a better idea if whare you wannabe....another good site is called http://www.nearmap.com/

things to look at are

public amenities

schools

hospitals

drs

shops

And that sort if thing...

Hope this helps...

HG

Thanks that's great, will check out that website

Hi

When we moved here we stayed in Semaphore for a few weeks and i loved the beaches .But then we came and stayed at the Port Willunga caravan park for 3 months (Long story) .The beaches and the country side totally changed the area we wanted to live in .It is totally personal to each and every one in exactly want they want from there new life .Just come with a open mind and dont make any quick decisions and take in lots of different areas.Good luck.