Another question about medicals

Guest oidara

Do they test cholesterol levels at the medical? If so, would high cholesterol mean you fail?

We don't have a problem as far as we're aware, but high cholesterol does run in my husband's family. Our medicals won't be for another two months so, if it could cause the visa to be denied, I'm wondering if we should have it checked now so there is some time to do something about it if there is a problem.

I am thinking too much...!

Guest gabriel

Hiya, not they didnt test for cholesterol but they did check for blood pressure...mine has always been ok to low ...the doc said "ah you're well chilled out " i was thinking you have no idea how im feeling I could pass out im so anxious!!lol!

Do they test cholesterol levels at the medical? If so, would high cholesterol mean you fail?

We don't have a problem as far as we're aware, but high cholesterol does run in my husband's family. Our medicals won't be for another two months so, if it could cause the visa to be denied, I'm wondering if we should have it checked now so there is some time to do something about it if there is a problem.

I am thinking too much...!

Guest the Tews

Hi We have not long had our meds they don't check your cholesterol as least they didn't check ours. They just take some blood for hiv test, my wife had to be tested for hep b and c as she works in health care. We had a general check over by the doc height weight eye test bp. dont forget your glasses if you wear them for eye test.then you have a chest xray and thats it simples!!!

Hope this eases your mind.

Steve.

Ha ha! Thanks for that. We're both okay on blood pressure, though mine's super low right now because I'm at the end of my third trimester. I can never believe it when they tell me 95/70 or whatever, as I am so stressed out by this Oz stuff and waiting for SS that I expect it to be through the roof! ;-)

Me and my partner had our medicals back in March in Manchester. Both had eye test,chest x ray,reflexes ,urine test,weight,height,BP. As a nurse I had to have blood tests and as a female over 40 a breast exam. Very straight forward and not something to dread. Blood tests for HIV,Hep b etc.

Thanks! It's surprising to hear how the medicals seem to be different depending on where you do them. As they're so strict about which doctors you use, I was expecting it to be strictly standardised. We're having ours done in Slovenia as that's where we live at the moment, so who knows what ours will entail!

Guest guest3462

No your personal medical records remain confidential, however, the visa docs hold the right to contact your gp and discuss you if they feel you are witholding information about existing complaints that could jepoardise your visa approval. You are also not required to bring your medical records with you from the UK, (another wasteful expense) we have never been asked for ours and have never needed them.