Question about Vettessa

Guest jasongd

Guest jasongd

Hi,

Can anyone help,

I have looked but cant seem to find a certain answer.

I am a sales rep and have been doing this for a telecoms residential provider for over 5 and half years now. Would I get a positive result without a Degree.

Any help would be great.

Jason

Guest jasongd

Hi Gill

Thanks for the reply,

I have been selling Virgin Media since 9th May 2006 and recently changed to Sky.

I was top salesman 3 years in a row for Scotland, Norther Ireland and North East England. We sell broadband, Tv and Telephone packages.

I think the closest job is ICT Sales rep,

The problem is that it states everything but Residential

Job description

Develops and converts sales opportunities into sales of computer hardware, software and ICT services.

Skill level

This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Thanks Jason

Ps I was trying to reply to your PM on another matter but your inbox is full. Found your website though, I like the boat.

Hi Gill

Thanks for the reply,

I have been selling Virgin Media since 9th May 2006 and recently changed to Sky.

I was top salesman 3 years in a row for Scotland, Norther Ireland and North East England. We sell broadband, Tv and Telephone packages.

I think the closest job is ICT Sales rep,

The problem is that it states everything but Residential

Job description

Develops and converts sales opportunities into sales of computer hardware, software and ICT services.

Skill level

This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Thanks Jason

Ps I was trying to reply to your PM on another matter but your inbox is full. Found your website though, I like the boat.

Hi Jason

At the moment, you would not be able to get a GSM visa based on your real occupaton so your lack of a relevant degree is not wildly important for now.

Do Virgin Media and/or Sky have a presence in Australia? If so then it might be possible for you to obtain employer-sponsorship from one of them sometime during the next few years. At the moment there is a massive Broadband project happening in Australia. The idea is that every home and every business - even in the remote Outback - should have access to super-fast Broadband within the next five years or so. The Government was putting in $43 billion last time I heard and I think they are raising private money as well. The whole thing has been put into the hands of a new company based in Melbourne:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Broadband_Network

http://www.nbnco.com.au/

My guess would be that Virgin Media, in particular, probably have their fingers in the Australian ICT pie, so it might be worth investigating whether employer-spnsorship would be possible. Telstra and Optus are the two "household" names for ISPs in Australia but I'm sure that there are others besides.

Meanwhile, I've cleared my PM inbox and sent items today - there were a load of e-mails about it in my inbox this morning!

I am intrigued about a website associated with the name Gollywobbler because I don't own or control a website of any description. A gollywobbler is a mizzen staysail on a schooner rigged sailing vessel, so I was informed by the late, great yachting writer Bruce Fraser. Bruce is dead now but he was a sailing friend of mine. A well known yacht called Gollywobbler used to belong to Bruce's wife, Anne Fraser. I've sailed aboard Gollywobbler with Anne. The boat is still around so my guess is that the website you found probably "belongs" to the boat. However I wuld be very interested if you could please let me have the link for the website you found - I'd like to see whether it is the same boat.

Cheers

Gill