The wait is killing me!!

Guest Obedoh

Hi,

There's no real purpose to this post, so apologies in advance!

We got SA sponsorship in November and subsequently submitted our main app soon after, so we are waiting to hear that we have a case officer etc.

I realsie it is just a matter of waiting and we are only 2 months into that wait, but I just needed to vent somewhere!! This is killing me!!!!:arghh:

We are desperate to hear and it just seems that the wait is interinable.

it would be good to hear from anyone else going therough the same!

Guest Guest75

Hiya.

There is no easy way to do the "wait".

It's basically part of the process of coming here,just go with it.

It took us TWO years:arghh::arghh:

Our case officer went on 12 months extended leave and forgot to pass our case on!!!!:arghh::arghh:

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I know you are right, but it still is frustrating!

I think the worst bit is waiting to get the case officer then you know you are in the sytstem. Otherwise you get things happening like your experience. That must ahve been so frsutrating!!

At least you got there in the end.

All the best

Duncan

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Yes there is no easy way, you just have to wait...which I know is hard, took us (pre Sept changes) approx 6 months from lodging visa to getting it May to Nov. good luck

Thanks! I know there's nothing I can do - I just waqnted to vent! People who aren't going through it don't really understand when you expalin it to them I've found.

Duncan

Hiya,

really sympathise- i remember going similarly mental at the point youre at now! theres not much anyone can really say to help, but i found the things that helped me were getting planning of the bits that i could, and trying to feel like i was using the time. I browsed housing, jobs, tips on here about how to do almost everything, even things that didnt necessarily apply to me (dont know if id particularly recommend that, but i was desperate ;))

some people on here seem to have prepared their medicals and police checks ahead of being assigned a case officer. i didnt do this so couldnt advise about this at all (and worth being careful as i dont know if they expire after a time?!) but this might be something you could find out about.

apart from that, just keep faith that you will get there. my visa came through in jan, and suddenly i feel caught up in a hundred things i want to do before i go (people i want to catch up with, deciding what to take, sorting out shipping, cancelling standing orders and all that sort of stuff). its making me actually will the time to slow down a bit so i can get it all done, so clearly at every step of this process it is possible to go a bit mental! :biglaugh::o

good luck anyway. and remember on the scale of things this bit is only short. i know its easy to say, but try and believe it!! :)

HI JAckie

Ahh...I remember the wait well. Everyday for me was like torture...from start to finish, I couldnt think or do anything else but think about OZ, I used to really get on my husbands nerves...everyday, Id say...'how long do you think we'll...'...i used to drive him mad!!

We've been here nearly 6 months now and that long wait we endured seems a life time away. Its just like when you go through a pregnancy...you cant wait for the arrival and thats all you talk about and it seems ages...but when it does, and you're finally here.......all the pain of waiting, just goes....

you wait...it wont be long! in the meantime, enjoy the ride.

sarahx

Hi,

That's pretty much how I am at the moment. Everything is on hold till we find out.

Great to hear that you've found it worth the wait. Hearing that sort of thing keeps me sane!!

One day soon......

Duncan

Guest stufi1997

Passing time..........! Oh yes i remember this well, after googleing anything and everything you can think of about south australia ,I then thought it was only right to start sampling the great aussie wine market. But beware of this unchartered territory... it can become an obsession and a very dangerous one indeed, but being of strong genes (mindless jock..!) will continue this crusade for the greater cause.Infact can actually forsee a lifetime of study ahead,!

Although now that we've done the hard time and can see the light ...............i must say this....!

WAIT UNTIL YOU START CLEARING THE CUPBOARDS........... oh woe is me, and i thought the hangovers we're bad!!!!!!! chin up it just happens when you least expect it, and then you understand why we need this process to be a long one ......Stu....

Saw your message about Government sponsorship, we may have to go down that route depending on which skill listing the TRA give us. Can you tell me how you went about applying and did you get a quick reply. We will only be 5 points short if they dont accept OT recent job as closely related!! Only problem I have is we cant decide on Brisbane or Adelaide but having never visited either its a big decision.

Hi Andy, We found ourselves in a similiar situation where we had to decide whether to take temp visa for south Austrailia our first choice (as hubby on skills list for there but not on the MODL )or permanent visa in Canbera or Northen Territories. My advise is research and research all your options ,think hard about job opportunities etc in the areas then see what happens . You will need lots of information if you need to go for state sponsorship this is required as evidence when you fill in your on line application to relevant states. We deceided to go with our first choice and hope to apply for permanent visa when in full time employment. Getting medicals done on Tuesday

then just need to wait .Good luck to you and hope this has been of use to you.

The Mcds

Hi

We went down the state sponsorship route as we lost 5 points when I turned 40 and I only have a 50 point job. The process is very easy and can be done via whichever state official website you chose. We chose Adelaide as this is the only state that enables you to move to the capital city - all the others only allow you to move into the regions eg regional WA, but not Perth itself, Victoria but not Melbourne etc. There are some additional requirements that you live and work in that area for 2 years or something but for us it wasn't an issue if it meant we get there!

See the SA website http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/index.php and you can get all the details from there.

each state has its own process and we just applied online which took a bit of effort to make sure it was done thoroughly and then we sent the supporting documentation through by post. We got an answer through in 6 weeks which I think is about the norm.

Hope that helps

Duncan

Guest caoimhe

Hi, I know what you mean about the wait, it's driving me mad as well:mad:

we have a case no. and are waiting on a case officer

It's the not knowing and the thought that someone in oz is sitting at a desk with my whole families life in thier hands and I wish they would hurry up and put us out of our misery!!!! It's sooooooooo frustrating. at the minute my tumble dryer is on it's last leg and I don't know wether to buy a new one or not, will it work in oz?? can I wait till I get there before buying a new one?? the house needs painted- do we do it now or wait until we are about to put it on the market?? all these silly unimportant issues seem so important while we wait and wait and wait, checking e-mail every half hour for some news

We started the process last Feb through an agency and we knew it would be next year, now it IS next year and I know it could be soon but it is not soon enough.

It was good to read your thread as it give me a great excuse to vent my frastration, so thank you, I am now going to go and check my e-mail and try and decide wether to buy a new tumble dryer and think about wheter we should paint the house now or not, I have nothing else to do!!!!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh: